pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 07:08:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  Got Laid off today ????
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Got Laid off today ????  (Read 725 times)
jane55
We shall reap what we sow

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2001, 02:26:30 PM »

40 of us were laid off from my job today.
I plan on taking 2 months to finishing  ccnp before start looking for another job.

I was recently transfer to that location and did not seems to fit in. I had lots of conflicts with a cowork using his admin rights to read my email and snooping c: drive from over the network. One day I caught him with a ton of my cisco study material in the cd burner. After I got the pink slip they lock me out of my pc. Luckly I their lock out didn't work so I was able to login and deleted all my cisco files. This jerk was watching my ever move as if I was a KGB spie. \

Is the normal? I taught only when you fired some one you treat them that way.

Cheesy
Nicole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2001, 11:00:34 AM »

Locking someone out of their PC is pretty normal no matter how they are leaving the company, especially if they have access to customer addresses or sensitive material.  At most companies, you aren't supposed to be using your work computer for personal stuff, even though most of us do anyway.  And work email should never be considered private, even though he was probably just being a jerk and not doing any sort of official monitoring.  

However, copying your Cisco material is called STEALING, I would have had his butt in his manager's office faster than you can say "copyright infringement."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: