pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 02:32:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-220
| | | |-+  HTTPS qn
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HTTPS qn  (Read 1726 times)
kianli

View Profile WWW
« on: April 18, 2001, 08:42:23 AM »

Hi,
   I took this test.. but sadly failed... I think the drag and connect really killed me. Would really appreciate it if someone could help me with one of the drag qn. It was about https with some directory options enabled. I totally had no clue. Anyone can enlighten me? I can't find the info in any book.
Techie2B

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2001, 01:56:32 PM »

Hi Kianli,
Sorry to hear that you failed, but this exam is not an easy one, don't let it discourage you.Smiley
Can you be a bit more specific in what your having trouble on?
I'm more than happy to help:)

Unal
Sith Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2001, 08:41:35 PM »

Kianli,
Can you be more specific for example do you remember which scenario it was on... I dont recall seeing anything similar to that (But I know the dragn drops do kill people as thats probably where I went wrong too ) If you can remember specifics It may jolt my memory. Only too happy to help.
You can try this site which explains the drag and drops also:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/win2000/ias.asp

Hope these help. Better luck next time and dont worry too much as these exams and the difficulty level will add to the integrity/worthiness of the MCSE certification.

(No I dont work for MicroSoft!!!)

No matter how much you know today, You'll have to know more tomorrow!!!
kianli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2001, 11:27:50 PM »

Well....
         I can't really remember coz I didn't think of copying the question down. I just know it was a remote access question, with 3 connections options and they all involved HTTPS. Only that it was like HTTPS with directory mapping , HTTPS with directory something... couldn't remember really, I'm hoping for someone with a similar question to mine coz I am sure they will definitely remember. I believe I got killed by all the drag and connects... Also.. for a RADIUS proxy , what kind of connection does it use to connect to another RADIUS server? And what kind of encyption does it use to connect to that RADIUS server?
Thanks a lot!
Unal
Sith Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2001, 11:49:47 PM »

Kianli,
You must try this link. I know it is a hell of a long document but all the answers you seek are in here. It explains the requirements for an VPN, connections with L2TP, RRAS etc. Invest in the time to read this document...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/win2000/ias.asp

Good luck

Techie2B

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2001, 12:15:59 AM »

Unal,are you sure you dont work for MS? I was positive that Microsoft hired Sith Lords all the time, and that the pay was incredible...maybe it was a rumor:D
Kianli-Yes the white papers can get very, very dry but they are so good for info, they're really quite valuable. They are worth the dry eyes and seven highlighters that you go through when you read one. I read alot of them, on everything that I wasn't comfortable with, CA's etc...hence my looneyness.  The super duper connection diagrams can get pretty brutal, but like Unal said, if they where easy none of us would feel as good as we do when we pass em:D
Don't forget to ask if you need help or get confused with Microsoft's language:D

kianli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2001, 08:53:16 AM »

I took the test for the second time...
my score was 656.... I was really very disappointed.. I think I only failed by one question.. I thought I was really well-prepared this time.. I read the white paper you kind folks ponted out and it really helped me a bit... I have no idea where I went wrong now I don't know what else there is to study.. since I don't know what I do not know or know wrong.. is it okay Techie or Unal if you e-mail me at kianli@singnet.com.sg ? I would like to discuss a couple of questions that came out on the test I want to clarify a bit... just so that should I decide to retake......
Unal
Sith Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2001, 12:40:11 AM »

I think you are rushing this a little.
You say you thought you were ready but you failed on your initial exam only a few days ago... My advice is to put in atleast 20 - 30 hours of good study for this one ontop of the study you already have done.... dont rush it Kianli...
You can e-mail me and I hope I can help you...

Now back to the drawing board and really study hard.
What study materials are you using?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: