pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 01:26:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-220
| | | |-+  70-220 was a beast!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 70-220 was a beast!  (Read 1787 times)
danielhjohns

View Profile WWW
« on: March 09, 2001, 05:24:41 PM »

I read Techi2B's post this morning before I went to the test centre, and he gave me some inspiration!  Thanks, Techi2B!!

I have already passed the 70-240, so I figured I knew my stuff before I went for it today.  I have the Transcender practice exams, and even though I thought they were a bit ambiguous, and the drag-and-drop questions were odd, it was the closest simulation to the real test I saw.  

My exam was basically ALL remote access.  Make sure you know RADIUS, RRAS, VPN Servers, RADIUS Proxy Servers, SSL, PPTP, L2TP, IPSec, DMZ usage, Kerberos, Certificate Authorities, and which ones do what.

It was a really hard exam for the only reason that there was so much information to wade through.  I found myself flipping back and forth between the question and the scenario to see if it had mentioned something specific to the question I was answering.

In the end, I passed with 859, so I was pretty pleased.  

Good luck to those taking this exam.  One suggestion, if you take the four core exams first, you will be well prepared to attack this one!

Daniel Johns

Smile in the face of Adversity
Cat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2001, 05:50:53 PM »

Daniel, congrats on passing Smiley

So I go the vice versa way, I started with the 220 as preparation for the 'monster' 240. Do you think I'm well prepared to pass the 216 part in the monster, if I passed the 220?

regards
Cat

www.certifyd.com

nobody is perfect ... Smiley
Techie2B

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2001, 10:44:24 PM »

Hey thanks for the compliment Daniel:D
Nice Score!!
I know I had one super super connection diagram that made me say a nasty word:) I did the same thing on a few questions where you say to yourself "now just hold on a minute.." and take a peak at the case study again.  I was very, very brain dead when I left the testing room Cheesy
What exam are you going to do next?

danielhjohns

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2001, 11:04:14 PM »

Cat, if you passed the 220, then you are well on your way to passing the 70-240!!!  Without a doubt!  The thing I thought, was that the 220 was quite abstract, where as the 240 is fairly straight down the line and fact-like.  I thought parts of the 220 were open to interpretation, but when I got the comments section, I went back to the questions I was going to comment on and thought "Well, perhaps I just don't know enough about this area, which is why I found it difficult.", so I didn't comment on anything.  

When are you planning on sitting the 240?

Techi2B, I said quite a few words that would have made a Nun blush....  opps.

I am clear for the moment on the MS stuff.  I need to replace a couple of electives before the end of the year to replace my IIS4.0 and TCP/IP, which I think I am going to do Exchange 5.5 (I know by heart from experience), or wait until the Exchange 2000 exam.  I am also working on (very laaazzzzzilly) SQL 7.0 Admin.  

I am a bit bored of MS at the moment, and am enjoying the network side of things more.  I may sound like a sadist, but I *loved* the Networking exam (70-216), and have since passed the CCNA.  So, on my desk right now is the CCDA Study Guide.  I am about 1/3 of the way through, and quite enjoying it.

BTW, I have had some time off work since moving country, hence all the study and exams.  I figure while I am off, I may as well make the most of it because when I go back to work I won't feel like studying at night.

Daniel Johns

Smile in the face of Adversity
Techie2B

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2001, 11:33:25 PM »

Daniel your a sick, sick man for loving the 216 Cheesy:D:D

Unal
Sith Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2001, 05:19:50 AM »

Good one Daniel. Thanks also for the "most required" reading list....
Hopefully I will be able to post my pass on this within the next week....

Congratulations once again....

No matter how much you know today, You'll have to know more tomorrow!!!
Cat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2001, 06:01:47 AM »

Daniel, I plan to sit the 240 in August. So if I would fail I've enough time to pass the cores till the end of the year

regards
Cat

www.certifyd.com

nobody is perfect ... Smiley
Gareth Leung

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2001, 09:49:55 AM »

Congrats!

Gareth Leung
MCSE+I, i-Net+,IT Project+, CIW Associate

Moderator of:
Freak's Forum