pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 05:21:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-088
| | | |-+  Writing This Exam Soon
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Writing This Exam Soon  (Read 1980 times)
Paisleyskye
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 23, 2001, 03:26:07 AM »

Hi Guys,

I am planning on taking this exam within the next month.  I have been studying from the Sybex exam notes book - is this book any good to prepare for the exam, or should I go out and get the big book?

I have also been using the online course at leapit.

What I really need to know is if there is another textbook I should really be reading in order to fully prepare myself for this exam?

I have hands-on for Proxy, but I am at the point now where I really need to focus on my theory, because the exam isn't hands-on.  I can do most of the functions if I am in front of the computer, but I need to be able to zero in on the theory in order to write the exam.

Does anybody have some advice?

Peace Out!
Paisleyskye
Spid
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2001, 09:25:10 AM »

Hi Paisleyskye,

I took the 2 day MOC for Proxy, but it was just too much bang bang module/lab module/lab for anything to really sink in.  I then messed around with Proxy at home for about a month.

In addition to that, I bought the Sybex Proxy Server 2 Study Guide ISBN-0-7821-2194-2 and thought it was good.  

I also used the Trancenders practice exams for this and thought they were good as well.

Good Luck to you.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2001, 01:55:09 PM by Spid » Logged

"I was planning to take over the world, but got distracted by something sparkly..."
chunder
bleh!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2001, 09:08:21 PM »

i used the exam notes book you mentioned and the IDG Books MCSE Proxy Server 2.0 by Curt Simmons (isbn 0764533363). Also used (still do use) the product at home on my DSL. Also used EE for practice questions.

The Simmons book was decent and came with a 30-day eval of Proxy so i chose that over Sybex. The Exam Notes book filled in some holes left open by the Simmons book and together they worked well. I didn't particularly like the Sybex books for other tests (WS, Server, Enterprise) which is another reason i opted for the Simmons book.

EE was good because the questions in it were NOT identical to the test (like other tests were). the questions were based on the same concepts and i felt they actually tested my knowledge well.

good luck.

oh, is that Karen Carpenter in your avatar?

chunder
bardo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2001, 03:55:51 AM »

I passed Proxy on wednesday with an 867.  Lowest score and most difficult exam yet.  I used the Coriolis ExamPrep (not Cram).  It's a decent book but I can't say that I would recommend it highly.
I also went through Transcenders, studying the explanations to their answers.  That helped alot.  I got maybe only 30 questions that were pretty close to transcenders, but quite a few more with similiar concepts.  You definitely can't pass just by memorizing the answers.  I also had Proxy installed on my home network, but didn't get too much time on it.
The exam isn't easy, but it isn't as difficult as some folks are making out.  Quite a few of the answer choices can be weeded out through common sense . Just IEAK 5 left for MCSE!

Good luck!
Paisleyskye
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2001, 04:18:31 AM »

Chunder:

No, actually that's me.  Nobody has ever told me I look like Karen Carpenter before - usually Kirstie Alley.

Peace Out!
Paisleyskye
one2go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2001, 12:51:58 PM »

Hey everyone,

Just passed IIS4, barely got it in.. I plan on taking Proxy also. Has anyone used EE for this exam. I have the Transcenders, exam cram, and sybex. Can anyone suggest anything else?
Dela

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2001, 02:04:49 PM »

Can you send me a copy of the transcender for this exam?  I live in Guyana Latin America thus i'm unavailable to purchase these things from the net.  I there somewhere I can download this transcender, or will you send me a copy

thanks in advance
dela@mypad.com

(Net. Ess. & MCP x 3)
one2go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2001, 11:09:07 AM »

Hey Dela,

I wouldn't have any problem with sending you it but the thing is over 15 mb. Some ISP won't except something that large. I heard that EE is really good...I'm looking for the crack for it right now!!!
Oldemoldy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2001, 04:18:13 PM »

You are a lot nicer looking than Kirstie!

John
Originally posted by Paisleyskye
Chunder:

No, actually that's me.  Nobody has ever told me I look like Karen Carpenter before - usually Kirstie Alley.
Yeti-GBR1
A Complete Twit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2001, 11:11:41 PM »

Ok Paisleyskye when are you going to get round to doing this last exam for your MCSE(NT4)Huh?

Yeti the Impatient Cheesy

Yeti the Inquisitive Cheesy

MCNE, MCSE(NT4), MCSE 2000, SCO ACE, LCP, Compaq ASE, CCNA, CCIE Wannabe (part of the Wannabe Boffin Club).

http://www.yeti-gbr1.co.uk
http://www.ciscolabs.co.uk
Paisleyskye
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2001, 07:38:36 PM »

Thanks for the compliment Oldemoldy.  You made my day.

Yeti:  I will be writing this exam by the end of the month. I'm really worried though about the 63 questions in 90 minutes.  I want to make sure I know it well enough to answer that quickly.

Peace Out!
Paisleyskye
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: