pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 01:20:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-088
| | | |-+  Feb. 28 Deadline Question (Important)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Feb. 28 Deadline Question (Important)  (Read 1307 times)
MacPhisto

View Profile WWW
« on: February 16, 2001, 01:09:10 PM »

Hello everyone,

I have a very important question (to me at least) concerning the Feb. 28, 2001 cut-off for the Windows NT 4.0 certification exams.  I only need one more elective to get my MCSE designation as I already have the 4 core and 1 elective.  Do I have to write the Proxy 2.0 exam before Feb. 28th, 2001 to get MCSE status or can I write it before Dec. 31, 2001 since it is not going to be retired??

The reason I ask is because I was told by two different sources that if I wrote Proxy 2.0 after Feb. 28, 2001 I would not be considered an MCSE.  Please get back to me ASAP as I want to know if I have to cram or not...

Thanks in advance,
Adrian
Zen
Network Warrior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2001, 02:10:52 PM »

Relax Guy.  Your safe.  You only had to write retiring exams by Feb 28.  And you are correct in your thoughts about getting it before Dec 31 2001 if you want your MCSE in NT.  Your electives (if they are not retiring) will also carry over to the WIN 2000 track.  If you need official confirmation, contact MCP@msprograms.com
Thats where I got it from.

-Zen-
chunder
bleh!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2001, 02:17:29 PM »

the way i understand it is that you can no longer take any tests that have expired after that deadline. last i heard/read, the proxy 2.0 test doesn't have an expiration date as of yet (but plan on it expiring someday as ISA server will replace it).

so, you should have until Dec 31 2001 to take your Proxy 2.0 test. and, your entire MCSE for NT4 will be expired then also...

From MS' site:
Q. If I have passed all core exams in the Windows NT 4.0 MCSE track by February 28, 2001, but have not yet passed my elective exams by that date, can I still continue to earn my certification?
A. Yes, if you have passed all core exams in the Windows NT 4.0 MCSE track exams by February 28, 2001, you may continue to earn your MCSE certification in the Windows NT 4.0 track, as long as the electives you select have not retired. If you pass your elective exams by December, 31, 2001, you will be certified in the Windows NT 4.0 track until that date.

go straight to the source though for the straight answer.
http://www.microsoft.com/trainingandservices/exams/examasearch.asp?PageID=70-088
http://www.microsoft.com/trainingandservices/default.asp?PageID=mcp&PageCall=requirements&SubSite=cert/mcse&AnnMenu=mcse#win2ktrack

chunder
Dublexx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2001, 11:53:15 PM »

If I need to take 2 electives to complete my MCSE this year (4.0 track), if I take a 2000 elective, will that give me the mcse?
Also, Im assuming it would be good toward the 2000 cert anyway, but does it work this way?
According to the MS site, all electives are the same regardless of the #.# track?!?!?!

Dub
Zen
Network Warrior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2001, 02:20:16 PM »

Yes, you can write any electives that have not retired (New 2000 electives as well) and they will grant you your MCSE in the NT track.  These electives will then carry over to your 2000 MCSE when you upgrade.

-Zen-
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: