pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 04:25:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Certifications and IT jobs/Salaries
| | |-+  After the interview?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: After the interview?  (Read 1023 times)
rore2246

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2001, 10:18:00 PM »

Hello.

I was wondering what expereinces people here have had with how long it takes from the final interview to receive an offer and start work.

Also I was wondering if there is anything to look for that would indicate that an offer is being made. (I.e. Does setting a start date, references being contacted, etc indicate an offer is in the works?)

Thanks.

------------------
B.S. in Telecommunications Management, CCNA, MCP2k, Network+
Kasor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2001, 02:10:00 AM »

Those things u mention are good sight! They are working on your reference.

If they need people for sure. U will be contact within a week. Otherwise, usually u will find out around 3 weeks that u get hire or not.

Kill All Suffer 2 Reborn
darthw
Long Live Savatage!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2001, 02:28:00 AM »

I'd say two to three weeks is the typical maximum wait time.  If you haven't heard anything after two weeks I think contacting the individual that interviewed you is appropriate to see if the position has been filled.
eheinz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2001, 02:36:00 PM »

Ask!

Before you leave the interview, in the most pleasant and professional tones, just ask what the next step will be or in what time frame they are looking to make their decision on the position.  If they say, "we hope to make our decision by 'X'," then that gives you a timeframe to monitor.  If they don't call you in 'X' it may mean a couple things: A)They have hired someone else or B)They are still interviewing.
I've never had to follow up after that, but I'm sure it wouldn't be out of line, depending on how much you really want to work for them. Give them a few days past what they said and phone them just to "touch base" on how things were going and to let them know you're still interested.
In my experience, if they don't call me back in the alloted time, I didn't get it.  Or I get one of those nice rejection letter/postcards saying they will keep my resume on file and see if it matches something else....blah,blah.

I've posted a couple threads about my recent job search/decision struggle.  I sent 18 resumes.  Although it is recommended to call the employer within a week after sending the resume to try to get an interview, I haven't. I got 3 rejection cards, got 4 interviews.  Of the 4, 1 called me back on the day they said they would and made an offer.....

If they check your references that's good, but this last place checked my references BEFORE my interview.
Regarding start time, it depends. Two to Three weeks is average, but if you're available immediately, let them know that as well.  Just make sure you give your present employer adequate (and customary) notice.  Employers respect if you respect your employers.
But in the end, it ain't over until the offer is on the table.

Just remember: Be Professional and don't sell yourself short.

Sorry to blab on, but I hope this helps a bit.Best of luck!

Eddie

Eddie
A+, MCP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: