pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 10:43:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  How long for Cisco
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How long for Cisco  (Read 1147 times)
sallyjrs

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2001, 04:57:00 PM »

I want to know how long should a CCNA class take. I am already A+ and N+ certified.  I have done some self-sudy.  The schools that I have contacted have classes that last only 2 weeks someone told me it takes longer than that just to understand TC/IP fully.  Please help.  How long should a good course take.
hershey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2001, 05:19:00 PM »

Most classes in training schools, like New Horizons and others, last about a week.  Even the technical classes like you would take for the Cisco certs or the Microsoft certs.

The thing is you have to have a good basic understanding of some things before you take a technical class or try for a cert like your CCNA.  For the CCNA, you really need a good understanding of TCP/IP and the OSI model, among other things.

If you don't have a basic understanding of both of those things before you take a class to prepare you for the CCNA, you will start out behind and may have difficulty understanding the material.

Before you take a CCNA prep class, you might want to do some self-study in TCP/IP and networking or take a class in them.  The old MCSE track even had classes in TCP/IP and Networking Essentials.

The classes only last a week because they assume you have that basic understanding and they're just building on it to help you prepare for the cert.
sallyjrs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2001, 05:21:00 PM »

I really love you guys you are all so helpful.  Thank you for the info Hershey.  I have gotten Todd Lamales book and I am going to self study before I take a course.
Becky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2001, 05:04:42 PM »

Let me know how it goes.  I'm going through boot camp on March 5th through 9th.  I'll take my test on the 9th.  I've been studying for about 3 months now before boot camp.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: