pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 09:40:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  CCNA ??????
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CCNA ??????  (Read 1447 times)
sallyjrs

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2001, 08:21:00 PM »

I am already A+ and Network + certified.  I want to take CCNA but I was informed by the school that I need to take Unix first.  I didn't think Unix had anything to do with Cisco.  Can someone please advise?  Thank you
hershey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2001, 08:47:00 PM »

Hi, Sally.

I have my CCNA, CCNP, and MCSE, and I don't see what Unix could possibly have to do with any of it.

Study hard and take the test.  There are no prerequisits for the CCNA.  There are none for the CCIE.  For the CCNP, it is required that you pass the CCNA.

Good luck.
GalaxyGal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2001, 08:48:00 PM »

To the best of my knowledge that is incorrect. My experience with Unix is rudimetary at best. I too am studying for CCNA, and I can't see why they would tell you such a thing.  Post the same question in the CCNA and CCNP forum if you haven't already.  I have heard that it is good to do the N+ or somebasci networking before undertaking Cisco otherwise you have much more to learn.

HTH,
GalaxyGal

GalaxyGal
trinidee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2001, 10:16:00 PM »

Hi Sally,

Unix is NOT a prerequisite.  I have also obtained incorrect information from schools.  I am starting to believe that they just want you to spend more money before you no longer need them.
sallyjrs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2001, 10:45:00 PM »

Thank you for you help. Trindee that's what I was thinking to because at first she told me to take my MCSE and my CNNA together when I told her I wasn't interested in MCSE at this time she then told me to take UNIX.  I knew it was a crock thanks for the help everyone.
cryptogirl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2001, 01:25:00 AM »

who ever told you that is a clown.....study and take the test and forget about Unix!!

Drive determines distance
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: