pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 04:34:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  Cudos to all the women!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cudos to all the women!  (Read 993 times)
Pavlov
Old Timer

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2001, 05:14:00 PM »

I was reading all the messages in the earlier post polling how many women actually are here...  It is sooo nice to see sooo many women taking charge and making it in the IT profession.  I, myself, am a female tech support analyst by title only.  I work for a small (less than 50 ppl) company in sunny Southern Calif.  I highly recommend if you can find it that you get a job with a small start-up company and this is why...

In my short 6 mos. with this company I have had my hands on everything from building a new 2000Prof. machine and joining it to the NT4 domain, upgrading the network to a full 2000 Active Directory network, moving an Exchange Server to a new machine, enabling Verisign on our website, etc.  I also do the normal routine stuff like backup tape rotations and the general help desk calls like how do I format this table in Word.  My background: before my last 5 years in IT, I spent 15 yrs as an Admin. Asst.  I may be the only member of the IT team that types with more than just 3 fingers  Smiley

I love this forum!  It's a great place to go when you need a shot in the arm.  Keep up the good work ladies.

------------------
Pav, MCP, A+

The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play.
---------------------------------------
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
hershey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2001, 03:34:00 PM »

Hi, I really identify with your post.  I, too, work at a relatively small shop and I've gotten to do everything as well. It's a great learning experience.  You get to do and see a little bit of everything.  And as far as typing with more than three fingers, yes, I may be the only one as well.  

It is kind of neat to realize that you aren't alone out there.  
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: