pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 05:07:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  I-Net+ vs. CIW What do you think?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I-Net+ vs. CIW What do you think?  (Read 1223 times)
Flynmonkie

View Profile WWW
« on: January 10, 2001, 01:29:00 AM »

I don't know about anyone here but I am studying for my I-Net. I have had several people say the I-Net is easier than the CIW. I found the exact opposite. I also hear that they are the same. What I have found is that CIW is more HTML and Web design geared and I-Net is more Networking what do you think?

I am soooo nervous about this I actually failed my CIW by 2pts the first time and HTML is what I failed good grief! I have been doing HTML programming for several years now‘«™sort of scary =]Eeek!

Now I said forget it to the CIW and hope to pass the I-Net+ and apply for that propiatary CIW exam‘«™any thoughts on that? Also has anyone done that‘«™.made application to the CIW after passing the I-Net+? How long did it take you to get your actual Certifications back in the mail?
Good luck to all! Glad to have joined this forum =]

Shannon Aka~Flynmonkie
Flynmonkies Home on the WWW!
darthw
Long Live Savatage!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2001, 02:32:00 AM »

I took I-Net+ and had a few questions on HTML, mostly basic questions about correct syntax for a line of code.  And I had a few questions on networking, the OSI model, browsers, e-commerce, and client scripting.  For the most part it was an all-around general knowledge exam.  I haven't done anything with CIW yet to compare it to though.
Crescent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2001, 08:38:00 PM »

I think I had one HTML question on the i-net+ test.  i-net + is as much networking as Internet.  I haven't seen any material for CIW, so I can't help you with that.  You can always wander over to the i-net+ forum and see what kinds of questions pop up and see how comfortable you are with those vs. what you saw with CIW.
Flynmonkie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2001, 10:14:00 PM »

Thanks for the input =]
You know another thing I am hearing is that Java Script is being thrown into the I-Net+ exam...I do remember seeing it on the CIW and it threw me for a loop. Because it is not in my CIW prosoft courses or in the I-Net+ Exam Cram book. Any suggestions to where I can find the basics of Java Scripting?

Shannon Aka~Flynmonkie
Flynmonkies Home on the WWW!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: