pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 07:55:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  How hard is it for a women to get in the IT field?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How hard is it for a women to get in the IT field?  (Read 1645 times)
Serez

View Profile WWW
« on: December 12, 2000, 06:56:00 PM »

I am currently a women student and needed to know if it is harder for a women to be employed in the field or just about as difficult or easy as a man to be hired?  And for the men that are reading this is there any reasons why you wouldn't hire a women?  Just wondering!

Serez
Serez

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2000, 04:59:00 PM »

Let me explain the reason for the question. Like I stated I am a student at a technical college.  During my studies and lab time I had several instructors not listen or want to help understand a subject.  But when the men in the class spoke, instructors listened. Once I confronted one instructor his response was vague and rude.  What I was wondering and if any one feels like answering, is this the case in some work places?

Thanks

Serez
GalaxyGal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2000, 05:19:00 PM »

Girl, you need to be more assertive!

I earned my degree in the late 80's.  And yes I know exactly what you mean!  I was always the only woman in either digital communications, electronics or electrical circuitry.  That was in a class of 30!

Most professors were exactly as you stated, but I noticed the men tended to be more assertive.  They would literally argue a point with the instructor, I would back down.

In the IT, I pretty much fine the same is true.  Use a strong voice,  show no confusion as is is taken as a sign of weakness.  But trust in your knowledge and don't be afraid to speak up.  It can be difficult at first, to discuss things with little emotion but that is exactly what men do.

Hope this helps,
GalaxyGal    Wink

GalaxyGal
Paisleyskye
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2000, 06:36:00 PM »

Galaxy Gal is right.  You have to be more assertive, and make yourself appear strong.  I do it all the time to be taken seriously.

You don't really have to become hard, you just have to appear hard, and never let your emotions or nervousness show.

Stand firm to your opinions and beliefs, and always, always, no matter what stay true to yourself.

------------------
Sincerely,
Paisleyskye
Best wishes and peace to all!!!

(MOUS,A+,MCPx4)

Peace Out!
Paisleyskye
Serez

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2000, 09:20:00 PM »

Thanks for your advice. You are right when I have a question and don't know the answer I do become somewhat confused. Thanks again to every one of you.

Serez
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: