pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 09:21:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Book Reviews
| | |-+  My favorite CCNA books of the year
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My favorite CCNA books of the year  (Read 1101 times)
Webmaster
Founder of ExamNotes
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: December 26, 2000, 08:07:00 PM »

Well, folks, with the year coming to the end, I thought I share with you some of my most favorite books I read this year. I mentioned every one of them in our newsletters. If you are not yet subscribed to our newsletter - you are missing out on valuable book recommendations, site updates, certification news, etc..
I decided to combine some of these books recommendations here for you. Enjoy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Today I want to recommend another great book for people who may not be familiar with Cisco routers. The books is ‘«£Practical Cisco router‘«ō by J. Habraken.

This is fantastic little book for beginners. It has photographs of routers, sample network diagrams, list of most commonly used IOS commands, tips and tricks from the real life implementation of Cisco networks and a lot more.

Surprisingly enough, it covers almost all objectives of the CCNA exam. It even has a chapter on OSI model and another chapter on DOD model. Other chapters include Access lists, enabling IPX protocol, connecting to WAN, routing AppleTalk and more.

Chapter 10 is a TCP/IP primer and includes great subnetting tutorial.

The best part about this book is that it‘«÷s easy to read.
CCNA exam is tough and you need all the resources you can get your hands on to prepare yourself.

Take my advice ‘«Ű start with this little book.

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0789721031/examnotesnet

It seems like the hottest certification these days are CCNA and Windows 2000 MCSE.
This is for a good reason. Cisco is dominating the networking industry and Microsoft is dominating the operating systems industry.

Many IT professionals try to get certified by both CISCO and Microsoft.
If you are one of those people, we have found a great book for you.

The title of the books speaks for itself: Cisco Internetworking with Windows 2000.
While this book is not a study guide for any CISCO of Microsoft exams, the author Toby J. Velte is MCSE+I, CCNA and CCDA certified.

This book will teach valuable real-life solutions of integrating Cisco‘«÷ devices into Windows 2000 network. Topics cover Windows 2000 active directory, Cisco PIX firewall, network security, working with legacy devices, and more.

Illustrations include screenshots of actual configuration utilities from Windows 2000 and Cisco routers and PIX firewall wizard.

This book is rated 4.5 stars on Amazon.com and reviews are great!

When I first opened this book and started reading it, I realized that this book covers many advanced topics, yet it is easy to read even for a beginner. I am not an expert in Cisco devices and this book explains how to get the most out of your Cisco router.

In my opinion this is a must-have book for anyone who is considering CISCO and Windows 2000 certifications.

Click on the link below to read more and order this book today. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072120835/examnotesnet

For those of you who are new to Cisco products, we have found another great book ‘«Ű Cisco ‘«Ű a beginner‘«÷s guide. This book is from the same author as Cisco Internetworking with Windows NT and 2000 ‘«Ű Toby J. Velte.

What I noticed about this book right away is that it is rated 5 stars on Amazon.com
Considering that there are 24 reviews, this is remarkable. This means that everyone of the 24 reviewers has rated this book 5 stars. It is extremely rare to find a book that is rated 5 stars with so many reviews.

Here is the link:
 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072121157/examnotesnet

Just click on it and read all the reviews from people who used this book. While this book is not a study guide for any of the Cisco exams, many reviewers have commented that this book helped them pass the CCNA exam.

The featured book today is CCNA cheat sheet from QUE.

This book just came our 2 months ago and it is rated 5 stars on Amazon.com; we've got feedback from several visitors that highly recommend this new book.

According to the publisher this book contains questions and answers that simulate the actual test and very similar to format of the actual exam questions. All CCNA 640-507 test objectives are covered.  Best of all it also comes with CD-ROM that contains practice test, IP subnet calculator and more.

Priced at  only $19.95 this could very well be the best bargain for the CCNA candidates.

Click on the link below and buy this book now!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0789722933/examnotesnet

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Our featured book is CCNP preparation library second edition from Cisco press.

This new set of four books cover all four exams required for the CCNP certification:

Routing Exam #640-503, Switching Exam #640-504, Remote Access Exam #640-505, and Support Exam #640-506.

Study guides from Cisco press have always been highly recommended by people who used them and passed Cisco exams.

This book is scheduled to be released on Nov 7. You can preorder it now and be among the first ones to receive it.

This package is priced at only $160.00

If you buy those 4 books separately, you would pay over $200.00

This set also comes with a practice exams on CD.

Click on the link below for more information and to order this set now!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0782127290/examnotesnet

Featured book today is ‘«£Cabling: The Complete Guide to Network Wiring‘«ō

This is a great reference for every network administrator. Published in May 2000, this up to date cabling guide is rated 4.5 stars on Amazon.com and has many great reviews.

For more information click on the link below and order this book today!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0782126456/examnotesnet

------------------
Webmaster and founder of this site and of
http://www.cert21.com"" TARGET=_blank>Cert21.com
MCSE+I, CNA, A+, N+, I-NET+

Webmaster of this site and of
Cert21.com - no other practice exams get any closer to the real thing.
CertPortal.com - IT certification search engine.
MCSE+I, CNA, A+, N+, I-NET+
ComputerMan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2001, 01:02:00 AM »

Thank you for the info. Good reviews. Keep up the good work!

------------------
CCNA, MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, I-Net+, Network+, A+, MCP 2000

To Be or Not to Be
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: