pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 09:28:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Book Reviews
| | |-+  Windows 2000 Upgrade Track
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Windows 2000 Upgrade Track  (Read 1176 times)
ComputerMan

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2000, 02:28:00 PM »

I am taking the 70-240 test Saturday, Nov 11, 2000 and wanted to share my experiences with the study material I used. At first, I was confused a little with Active Directory and its components; i.e: OUs, GPOs, etc. But after reading these materials, I must say that I am ready for this exam and feel confident in my knowledge of Windows 2000. It all makes sense now. Here is what I think the best way to prepare for the exam.

Do this in the following order:

1) Read MCSE Study System by Alan R. Carter, IDG Books, ISBN: 0764547011 (It took me around three weeks to complete)

2) Read MCSE Accelerated Windows 2000 Exam Notes by James Chellis, Sybex, ISBN: 0782127703 (This one took around one week to completely read)

3) Obtain a good practice exam and dedicate at least one hour a day for one to two weeks or whenever you consistently score high. ( I personally used Beach Front Direct, they have an excellent "MONEY BACK GUARANTEE").

4) Brush up on your skills on Windows 2000 by using the vast resources on the Web.

5) Optional: Obtain a good study guide and read thoroughly before taking the exam.

PS: You might want to INSTALL Windows 2000 on your local computer and USE IT! I have Windows 2000 Server at my house with AD installed on it!! I use it everyday!

------------------
CCNA,MCSE,MCP+I,MCP,A+

To Be or Not to Be
ItduzantMatter
SuperMember

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2000, 07:11:00 AM »

So how did you make out?

------------------
It doesn't matter what my signature is!  Now hit my music!

It doesn't matter what my signature is!  Now hit my music!
ComputerMan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2000, 11:03:00 PM »

Alas, I did not pass. This was a hard test. After finishing the Pro and Server parts, which together are approximately two hours, I started on the Net/Infrastructure and AD sections. About three hours into this exam, I started to feel tired and frustrated at the long drawn-out questions. I botched the final sections and ended up failing the whole thing. Remember, even if you pass three sections and fail one, you fail the whole darned thing. Anyway, I have started taking the exams one at a time. I passed the 70-210 last week with a score of 800. I will take the 70-215 by the end of the year.

------------------
CCNA, MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, I-Net+, Network+, A+, MCP 2000

To Be or Not to Be
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: