pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 03:31:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-240
| | | |-+  It looks as though MS does'nt want anyone to pass.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: It looks as though MS does'nt want anyone to pass.  (Read 991 times)
beenframed

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2001, 09:41:00 PM »

I have not met anyone that has passed so far and I think that's the way MS meant it to be. Think about it, 1 free exam or 4 exams that cost a hundred bucks a pop. There are currently 300,000 MCSE x $100 x 4 exams= $120 million in profit for a starving MS. There are not going to be many people with good stories about this exam. Start saving your pennies MCSE's it's time to buck up for another round of testing.

I plan on testing but not until I have read every book I can find on this stuff. I am looking at the begininng of the summer as a possible testing date.

Does anyone know of a good site that contains hundreds of links to 2000 information. I think that is a good place to start for me.

BeenFramed
usnretired
Old Salt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2001, 09:45:00 PM »

Check out http://www.mcseguide.com/2000/2000.htm
There you will find links to several practice exams, study guides, definitions of terms used in Win2K, etc..
Hope this helps.

------------------
If you're not part of the solution, you're just another part of the problem.

If you're not part of the solution, you're just another part of the problem.
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2001, 04:06:00 AM »

Originally posted by beenframed:
I have not met anyone that has passed so far and I think that's the way MS meant it to be. Think about it, 1 free exam or 4 exams that cost a hundred bucks a pop. There are currently 300,000 MCSE x $100 x 4 exams= $120 million in profit for a starving MS. There are not going to be many people with good stories about this exam. Start saving your pennies MCSE's it's time to buck up for another round of testing.

I plan on testing but not until I have read every book I can find on this stuff. I am looking at the begininng of the summer as a possible testing date.

Does anyone know of a good site that contains hundreds of links to 2000 information. I think that is a good place to start for me.

Hi
I hate to differ, I personnally know people who passed the bloody thing  Smiley
Is it a hard exam? Sure! More so because of the format though: 4 hours is a long time for the brain to remain focused and on top of its game.
I chose to go with the individual exams, and so far I am 3 out of 3 passed (210,215,217) and have the next one scheduled for Jan, 16th.
It is doable if you are willing to study and if you play with the actual OS a lot  Smiley

------------------
Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, MCP+I, MCP2000, MCSE, MCT

http://www.mcsefreak.com
Industry News - Free Prep Tests - Study Guides - Exam Drill - Choices - Forum

http://www.WebMaineacs.com
Web Hosting - Web Design - Web Strategies - Networking - hosting from only $8 a month!

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
cadman
The Crammed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2001, 12:09:00 AM »

I agree with freak.  I also know at least two people who have passed the 240.  It wasn't meant to be easy.  I don't know for sure, but it seems I heard Prometric gets a good cut of the $100 per exam.

------------------
cadman

It's not the desire to succeed that insures success,
It's the discipline to prepare yourself for it.

http://www.mcse2000.plus.com
micon55

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2001, 11:39:00 AM »

This whole upgrade exam thing is really confusing me!!!! Will I, won't I?
I don't have a problem with taking the exam, or making sure I know the material. My problem is with Microsoft and their lapse attitute to the NT4 track. Personally, I worked bloody hard for my Cert, and it peeves me that SO many people with absolutely no knowledge of the subject have been able to gain MCSE purely by braindumps!!! Now thw World is full of MCSEs and companies that see the Cert as a joke!

I really hope that the 2K track will sort the men from the boys. If it does, then the cert may be worth something in a year or so.

M
yiddo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2001, 12:33:00 AM »

somehow i do not think w2K MCSE will be too difficult for anyone who knows his /her stuff on NT4..i have got my MCSE only last december and for the last 10 days i have been training in a microsoft approved centre for W2K pro and SERVER and i personally found it very very easy to operate on comparing to NT4.and i am hoping to take my accelerated exam within the next 5 weeks..i somehow do not think microsoft particularly want to stop any NT4 MCSE to upgrade to W2K,in fact from commercial point of view to make it more difficult for NT4 MCSE`s to upgrade to the w2k is nothing less than for microsoft to shoot themselves on the foot is it?..and remember in 18 months time we will have a brand new system coming out..named whistle..and we will have more exams to take...we love u bill gates we do....

a.ackerman mcp+i mcse
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: