pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 05:09:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-219
| | | |-+  Info on 219
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Info on 219  (Read 1322 times)
cadman
The Crammed

View Profile WWW
« on: December 18, 2000, 04:43:00 PM »

OK, I had to come back to earth. Yuck!  Here's a little info about the designing exams in general.

For these designing exams it's important to familiarize yourself with the format. The 219 is passable after taking 217 if you know the layout of the designing exams. Some people have complained about not having enough time. I think it is probably more because of being caught by surprise on the format.

On each scenario, I used the 'All' tab to list the whole thing (the different tabs will drive you bonkers). I jotted down key points and objectives, sketched out diagrams, etc. Then I went through the questions and answered some right off the bat. Jotted down questions I needed more info on and went back to the All tab in the scenario.

The Transcender for 219 does a great job of laying out the exam format for you, but don't expect to see any of the Transcender scenarios on the real exam.

You have about 50 minutes per scenario, so you have to pace yourself.  Try to shoot for 30 minutes ea.  That way, you have over 90 minutes to go back if you have a difficult scenario early on.  Don't waste an hour on the first one!  You might find something in a later scenario that makes something click for an earlier one.  

Ask for lots of paper for this one, at least 8 sheets.  Don't settle for a little dry eraser board and marker.  The more notes you make, the less you have to switch back and forth.

Good luck!

------------------
cadman
A+, Net+, I-Net+, MCP, MCSE, MCT
http://www.mcse2000.plus.com
Unal
Sith Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2000, 12:02:00 AM »

Cadman, once again congratulations. I envy you!
Do you remember any specific scenario questions? Are there only scenario questions on this exam? Where there any basic general knowledge questions?

Thanks

------------------
MCP
*Server 4.0
*WS 4.0
*SITE 4.0

No matter how much you know today, You'll have to know more tomorrow!!!
Spitfire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2000, 01:09:00 AM »

All great advice Cadman.
Got my 70-219 yesterday (21st) after the 3.5hr marathon this exam is. Timing is everything. I must confess I had to rush the last question - got bogged down with the details on the 2nd 'testlet' and time really flies trying to get your head round these scenarios.
Still, all the clues to the answers are buried in the scenarios - so keep looking. Although there aren't any general knowledge as such there are plenty of q's which are derived from the scenario but rely heavily on knowing stuff rather than just understanding it.
I used the excellent "MCSE - Designing Win2K Dir Services" by the Shinders from Syngress. It's an easy read and the questions at the end of each chapter are excellent. Tends to repeat itself from the intro to the meat of each chapter but there's no harm in that, it reinforces.
I found the 'Lab' tests really useful in the exam. Although they are nowhere near as complex as the Testlets in the exam they are along a similar vein. Well worth spending those minutes on at the end of each chapter...
More similar testlets are on the enc. CD too but I regret I failed to really use them.
Since it is 3.5 hrs of intense contentration I reckoned that the usual last minute, late night session would be counterproductive. I was right. After a good nights sleep I was still going strong at the end. I needed too as well to get it finished. So get your sleep!
Here's to the next - probably 70-240...
Incidentally, are the scores out of a thouand? Can I translate my score and the passmark to a percentage? If I didn't actually get 1000 did I get something wrong or is the scale arbitrary according to the questions? What do you think?

Good luck all and have a Happy Christmas and a Great New Year!

Spitfire
MCSE4 MCT MCNE CNI CCNA BSc

freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2000, 01:35:00 AM »

So, Cadman, your message doesn't really say either way.. did you pass the 70-219?
I am sure you did considering your track record, but just wanna make sure  Smiley
Man, you are smoking!

------------------
Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, MCP+I, MCP2000, MCSE, MCT

http://www.mcsefreak.com
Industry News - Free Prep Tests - Study Guides - Exam Drill - Choices - Forum

http://www.WebMaineacs.com
Web Hosting - Web Design - Web Strategies - Networking - hosting from only $8 a month!

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
cadman
The Crammed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2000, 04:24:00 AM »

Freak,
I think my answer is hidden in this post: http://www.examnotes.net/ubb/Forum27/HTML/000010.html   Smiley

Unal,
I'm sorry, but due to my MCSE/MCT NDA, I can't recite any specifics on scenarios.  Spitfire probably explains better than me.  You need to know the ins and outs of Active Directory.  Yes, there are basic general knowledge questions thrown in occasionally.

------------------
cadman

It's not the desire to succeed that insures success,
It's the discipline to prepare yourself for it.

freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2000, 04:14:00 PM »

Cadman, Congratulations. Well Done!
You rule, man. You must be pumped, and deservedly so, I might add.
Quick question:
My 4.0 electives were IIS, Proxy and TCP/IP.
I already passed 210 and 215 in the 2K track.
I need the 216 and 217, then what?

------------------

Web Hosting - Web Design - Web Strategies - Networking - hosting from only $8 a month!

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
cadman
The Crammed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2000, 04:40:00 PM »

Freak,
Thanks.  It was actually quite addictive to rush through the five W2K exams I have taken.

Your IIS and TCP/IP are retiring and one or the other will need to be replaced with an exam not scheduled to be retired by 12/31/01 (It appears the exam extensions have not postponed the replacement dates).

Your Proxy, provided it is Proxy 2, is still good, as it has not been scheduled to retire.  But, Exam 70-227 (Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft?« Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000, Enterprise Edition, Exam 70ΤΗτ227 is available in its beta version January 24ΤΗτ30, 2001. While it is in its beta version, this exam is numbered 71ΤΗτ227.) is on the horizon, so I don't know how long Proxy 2.0 will last.

After you knock out 216 and 217, you need to take one of the designing exams: 219,220, or 221.

I also have to replace my TCP/IP with another exam, and will probably take either 220 or 221, since it will open another class for me to teach (as it would you).

Happy Holidays,

------------------
cadman

It's not the desire to succeed that insures success,
It's the discipline to prepare yourself for it.

Unal
Sith Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2000, 11:08:00 AM »

Cadman, no problem I think Spitfire and yourself have helped dramatically. I will probably sit 219 first weeks of January. Hopefully if all goes well its off to 220, then 221.
I am feeling pretty comfortable with the material, I too like spitfire have used the Osborne-Syngress books and thus far think it is pretty good.
Have you now finished the W2K track?

Regards,
Unal

p.s Cadman, can I ask what your proffession is?

No matter how much you know today, You'll have to know more tomorrow!!!
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2000, 05:14:00 PM »

Originally posted by cadman:
Freak,
Thanks.  It was actually quite addictive to rush through the five W2K exams I have taken.

Your IIS and TCP/IP are retiring and one or the other will need to be replaced with an exam not scheduled to be retired by 12/31/01 (It appears the exam extensions have not postponed the replacement dates).

Your Proxy, provided it is Proxy 2, is still good, as it has not been scheduled to retire.  But, Exam 70-227 (Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft?« Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000, Enterprise Edition, Exam 70ΤΗτ227 is available in its beta version January 24ΤΗτ30, 2001. While it is in its beta version, this exam is numbered 71ΤΗτ227.) is on the horizon, so I don't know how long Proxy 2.0 will last.

After you knock out 216 and 217, you need to take one of the designing exams: 219,220, or 221.

I also have to replace my TCP/IP with another exam, and will probably take either 220 or 221, since it will open another class for me to teach (as it would you).

Happy Holidays,

You have done really well going through those 5 exams this fast. This new OS is so exciting, I'm loving each and every minute of the intense studying -- hmmm, maybe that's why they call me the freak  Wink

------------------

iCertify dot net

InfoSecWeb.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: