pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 02:30:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-219
| | | |-+  some book q's
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: some book q's  (Read 893 times)
chunder
bleh!

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2000, 07:41:00 PM »

i am looking to pick up a book like ExamCram, ExamNotes or Test Yourself -- books with questions and some review in them. Have any of you guys seen or used any of these i have mentioned? If so, what are your thoughts? I used ExamNotes on Proxy and Enterprise and liked it. ExamCram a little on WS, Server and Enterprise. Never seen the Test Yourself.

thanks

------------------
chunder
  • MCP (WS, Server, Enterprise)
  • Network+
  • CNE 5

chunder
geoffgow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2000, 06:42:00 PM »

I'm using examcram for 70-219. It's pretty good but too new for the errors to have been published. I've found a few so far .... Geoff
cadman
The Crammed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2000, 04:51:00 AM »

I would suggest that you get a hold of the 70-219 Transcender.  The format for this exam is different from any other MS exam you may have taken.  

The material from the 70-217 exam comes to play in this exam as well.  If you haven't done 70-217, do it first.

------------------
cadman
A+, Net+, I-Net+, MCP, MCSE, MCT
http://www.mcse2000.plus.com
chunder
bleh!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2000, 06:38:00 PM »

thanks for your thoughts...

i did order the ExamCram and am expecting it to get here today.

cadman, i am not taking 217 because this test (219) i am using for my final elective towards my NT4 MCSE. i am hoping that a lot of the concepts should be easy for me as i have lots of experience with NetWare and i have my CNE. however, i am prepared to be confused by M$ and their theories of moving towards a real Directory (or attempt thereof) for network management. in my readings thus far, i am getting some confusion of how the domain actually fits in... i know i will understand it as i continue my studies and start to mess with the actual prodcut but coming from an NDS background it's a little weird to try to think like M$ in this fashion.

anyway, back to the reason i am replying to your message... do you think i will be at a disadvantage by NOT taking 217? i have looked at the new test format with M$'s little example about the solar system and i have d/l-ed the Transcender demo (but not yet played with it).

also, i'd like to hear what anyone thinks about SelfTestSoftware's practice tests... i used about 4 of them with my CNE studies and liked that they had nice sims.

thanks.

------------------
chunder
  • MCP (WS, Server, Enterprise)
  • Network+
  • CNE 5

[This message has been edited by chunder (edited 12-18-2000).]

chunder
cadman
The Crammed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2000, 04:49:00 AM »

chunder,
You're right, I had not consider the CNE approach.  My bad for not noticing that before.  

I guess the main thing would be terminology and relations with trusts, universal groups, OUs, sites, replications, etc.  If you're going to study the examcram you should do fine.

I would still run through at least a demo Transcender for 219, that cheesy little demo of Microsofts isn't the same.

------------------
cadman

It's not the desire to succeed that insures success,
It's the discipline to prepare for it.

http://www.mcse2000.plus.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: