ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 07:15:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Certified Internet Webmaster
| |-+  Certified Internet Webmaster - CIW
| | |-+  CIW and Employers?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CIW and Employers?  (Read 479 times)
mjb4auburn

View Profile WWW
« on: June 16, 2000, 04:18:00 PM »

I am wondering how important is CIW to employers?  Any thoughts or experiences?  I am about to begin preparing for this certification and change careers from teaching to Webmaster. Thanks!
AuroraB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2000, 01:01:00 AM »

This is such a new certification that I can't imagine it is very important to employers yet.  In fact, I suspect that those of us being certified this year will have to educate potential employers about the cert.  I plan to print some information to include attach to my resume, include links in my portfolio and work a paragraph into my cover letters.

BTW, do you read the Women in IT forum on Brainbuzz?  I think I recently responded to one of your posts there ...

AuroraB
i-Net+

Looking for an email based study group for the i-net+ exam?
Natalie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2000, 06:53:00 PM »

Hi,

I am actually sitting in a CIW class right now with one of the prosoft trainers, there are about 15 people out there with the Master CIW, and most of them work for Prosoft right now doing the training. But it is recognised by a lot of the bigger guys, like IBM, AT&T, CISCO, etc, these are the companies that prosoft trains for.
My instructor has no doubt that in the next couple of years this will be great in demand.  
Hope this helps.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: