ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 03:05:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Certified Internet Webmaster
| |-+  Certified Internet Webmaster - CIW
| | |-+  How does CIW compare to Comptia?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How does CIW compare to Comptia?  (Read 667 times)
WebMan
libertarian

View Profile WWW
« on: July 07, 2000, 03:15:00 PM »

I know Comptia is mostly grammar oriented, Is CIW more technical? (For those of you that have taken any CIW exams) I struggled on the I-NET+ a bit and want to know how I should better prepare because, I hear they are tougher. Also I have not seen anything anywhere about the cost of these exams...

Thanks,

------------------
I-NET+ Network+ A+ Win2k Dell

"Lack of knowledge results in Tyranny"
Che

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2000, 04:03:00 PM »

I live in Canada and the cost of one of the exams was $275 - that's about $185 US.

I took the E-comm and Site Designer. I also did take the i-Net and found the wording confusing and didn't know exactly what they were asking.  I did not find that with CIW exams.  Site Designer was easy, especially if you are already familiar with HTML and basic web design.  I found E-Comm hard, maybe because encryption and security was all new to me.

Hope that helps.
WebMan
libertarian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2000, 09:18:00 PM »

Hey Che,
  Thanks for the great information, I really struggled with the I-NET+ cert too and beginning to wonder if I was making the right decision with the CIW series but, the important thing is I passed that darn thing and I am ready to move on. If you come across any good dump sites that are free or at min. cost let me know.

Thanks Again, Webman

[This message has been edited by WebMan (edited 07-10-2000).]

"Lack of knowledge results in Tyranny"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: