ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 06:04:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Certified Internet Webmaster
| |-+  Certified Internet Webmaster - CIW
| | |-+  Better late than never
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Better late than never  (Read 402 times)
Webmaster
Founder of ExamNotes
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2000, 01:29:00 AM »

Well, I've been trying to get more info about the CIW certification, so I called the prosoft, the sponsor of the CIW and left a message. I indroduced myself as a webmaster of a popular site.

Then I also emailed them with some questions. I wanted to know the history of the CIW certification, how many people are CIW certified, and to get some book recommendations. I think it was not unreasonable request.

In the past I have been successful in contacting other organizations, including Microsoft's MCP program, CompTIA and Chauncey group. It was relatively easy to get in touch with CompTIA's director of the new Server+ sertification.

That was not the case with Prosoft. I got no response, and eventualy put together some info myself and exam notes submitted by someone who just passed the CIW exams.

Well, today I got the email response from the Prosofttraining.com
It only took 6 weeks to respond and all they send me was this link
 http://www.ciwcertified.com/testing/codes.htm

No kidding.

Anyway, go ahead and look at that page. You may even find some useful info. Make sure you click on the "CIW exam taking tips"

Webmaster of this site and of
Cert21.com - no other practice exams get any closer to the real thing.
CertPortal.com - IT certification search engine.
MCSE+I, CNA, A+, N+, I-NET+
gmusic00

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2000, 11:13:00 AM »

Webmaster

Your questions indeed were not unreasonable at all. Curious that I requested same from the CIW site itself if it was possible to get some info from former students/CIW certified so I may correspond with them and get some thoughts about the program. They sent me the same link, saying we cannot give out this information. Really makes u go hmmmmm about this certification. Notice the number of postings re: CIW in the net at this point vs. other certifications? Makes u go hmmm.

[This message has been edited by gmusic00 (edited 06-17-2000).]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: