pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 06:17:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-079/70-080
| | | |-+  temp internet file/mandatory profile
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: temp internet file/mandatory profile  (Read 919 times)
kifaru

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2000, 07:13:00 PM »

I have seen the following question in several sources:

You find that the users have set the browsing cache to be copied to their user profile directory from the temp internet files dir.  This makes several servers are running out of space.  Now, you delete all the temporary files.  The company is using mandatory profiles.  How can you solve the problem?
a.  Change each profile for the temp internet file settings
b.  delete the temp internet files each day
c.  configure the temporary file space per user to be 20MB
d.  configure the temp internet file space per machine to be 20MB

My ponderance on this:
b is too tedious and time consuming to do it everyday.  Obvious out
c and d don't really seem to solve anything since you would do this from the same screen as where you set the temp dir to be (general--settings).  So the profile would have to be changed to disallow access to internet options.
a) seems the best answer to me for the following reason: a little option called "delete saved pages when browser closed"  This would be applied to the mandatory profile and is considered a temp internet file setting.  This is more seamless and users would not know that it had happened nor could they change it back.
The following source cites roaming profiles but I believe it can be applied to any profile. http://www.microsoft.com/TechNet/IE/reskit/ie5/part3/ch13sser.asp?a=frame

Please help me on this issue as to sources and correct choice with good explanation of why.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: