pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 11:40:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-079/70-080
| | | |-+  MS 70-080, passed!!!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MS 70-080, passed!!!  (Read 1396 times)
BC

View Profile WWW
« on: July 20, 2000, 07:10:00 PM »

Hey everyone. Well, after a 3 month party rampage, I'm back in business.

Passed IEAK5.0 (MS 70-080) w/ 734. Total study time: ~10 hours over 3 days.

Study Material.... well, I had a plethora of material 75% of which I did not have the patience to use. IE5 Resource Kit, IEAK5, MSIE Selfpaced training (free download), IE4 exam cram, Troytec, STSWare, Transcenders, Cramsession notes, Sasa Braindumps, and both CORP and ISP dev manuals.

The bottom line is Transcenders saved the day. I ended up downloading it at 4:30 am this morning...and while at work had time for only about 5 run throughs. If I could do it over again, I would only buy TroyTec and Transcenders. The STSWare software had a lot of wrong answers, and the GUI still sucks booty. Resource Kit and Cramsession were used as references.

Trans covers it really well, allthough not many questions word for word, it helped me understand the concepts needed to pass the test. Plus I have been working with Netmeeting, Outlook Express, IE settings, and e-mail A LOT as of late.

There's a bunch of TCP/IP, Proxy, DNS, Gateway related questions. But mostly long scenarios on setting up custom packages of IE and configuring IE settings. A few questions on IE and IEAK system requirements... Trans covers all of it. To think that I was getting tired of them!

Well, I'm done with MS tests till MCSE W2K goes a lil more mainstream. Going to work on Citrix and Cisco certs since I do work in a Citrix environment and we will be acquiring Cisco equipment in a month or so...

Time to start hammering away at the certs again. My progress chart has been updated for those of you that are interested. Going to shoot for CCNA and CCDA in 1 month, and CCEA in another 2 months.

Laters!
BrianC - Systems Administrator
MCSE+Internet, MCDBA, MasterCNE, CCA, i-Net+, Network+, A+ http://www.cabalic.com/certify.xls

BC- Systems Administrator
MCSE + Internet, MCDBA, Master CNE, CCNA, CCA, Server+, i-net+, Network+, A+
FUBAR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2000, 08:06:00 AM »

Congrats BC, I have a question for you since it looks like we are the only ones using this part of the forum. I have not had a lot of luck finding resources for this cert as far as study material goes. So if you could share where you accquired some of your material I would really appreciate it. The transenders test you mentioned downloading at 4:30 was that the demo they offer or something else. and the resource kit, and the MSIE slefpaced training. If you check back here and see this post I would really apprrciate any help you would care to offer. thanks in advance and Congrats again............

(A+, NET+, MCP, MCSE NT4.0, MCSA, MCSE W2K)
RtX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2000, 03:05:00 PM »

BC,
Would like to get your feedback on taking IEAK 4.0 or 5.0? I have found study resources for IEAK 4.0 only.  Congrats on your passing & that is one heck of a test schedule you have there.
RtX

Originally posted by BC:
Hey everyone. Well, after a 3 month party rampage, I'm back in business.

Passed IEAK5.0 (MS 70-080) w/ 734. Total study time: ~10 hours over 3 days.

Study Material.... well, I had a plethora of material 75% of which I did not have the patience to use. IE5 Resource Kit, IEAK5, MSIE Selfpaced training (free download), IE4 exam cram, Troytec, STSWare, Transcenders, Cramsession notes, Sasa Braindumps, and both CORP and ISP dev manuals.

The bottom line is Transcenders saved the day. I ended up downloading it at 4:30 am this morning...and while at work had time for only about 5 run throughs. If I could do it over again, I would only buy TroyTec and Transcenders. The STSWare software had a lot of wrong answers, and the GUI still sucks booty. Resource Kit and Cramsession were used as references.

Trans covers it really well, allthough not many questions word for word, it helped me understand the concepts needed to pass the test. Plus I have been working with Netmeeting, Outlook Express, IE settings, and e-mail A LOT as of late.

There's a bunch of TCP/IP, Proxy, DNS, Gateway related questions. But mostly long scenarios on setting up custom packages of IE and configuring IE settings. A few questions on IE and IEAK system requirements... Trans covers all of it. To think that I was getting tired of them!

Well, I'm done with MS tests till MCSE W2K goes a lil more mainstream. Going to work on Citrix and Cisco certs since I do work in a Citrix environment and we will be acquiring Cisco equipment in a month or so...

Time to start hammering away at the certs again. My progress chart has been updated for those of you that are interested. Going to shoot for CCNA and CCDA in 1 month, and CCEA in another 2 months.

Laters!
BrianC - Systems Administrator
MCSE+Internet, MCDBA, MasterCNE, CCA, i-Net+, Network+, A+ http://www.cabalic.com/certify.xls

BC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2000, 08:11:00 AM »

Aw man, I totally forgot about this thread. Sorry for not posting back to you guys:

As for resources there's actually quite a bit out there now.  Here's what I accumulated (but didn't use all of em)

Transcender
TroyTec
STSWare
IEAK 5 Resource kit
IEAK 5 self paced course
IEAK 4 Exam Cram
IEAK 5 cramsession.com notes
Braindumps from Sasa's site
IEAK 5 Corporate Developers kit
IEAK 5 ISP developers kit

I would take the 5.0 test... might as well stay up to date.

Good luck all,
Brian

------------------
http://www.HowSecureIsYour.com/certify.xls
MCSE + Internet, MCDBA, Master CNE, CCA, I-Net+, Network+, A+

MCSE + Internet, MCDBA, Master CNE, CCNA, CCA, Server+, i-net+, Network+, A+
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: