pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 04:22:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-079/70-080
| | | |-+  ieak 4 or ieak 5
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ieak 4 or ieak 5  (Read 2936 times)
chine
« on: March 22, 2000, 09:43:00 AM »

could anyone inform the main different between this 2 exams?

what is the passing chance if i study ieak4 and attempt ieak5(since the study material for ieak5 is not that many)

the reason for avoiding taking ieak4 is afraid it might gone retire(it will, right?)
mars
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2000, 10:26:00 AM »

Well, this is of extremem interest to me as well man.  I need to do one of these for the MCSE+I and have seen a lot of varied responses to such questions.  I think that you're probably better of do IEAK4 since their are a lot of materials around for it.   And then doing IEAK5 much later on if necessary (like a year or so). There also seems to be a big difference with the two exams but for both,  you really need to have used the product!!!
Webmaster
Founder of ExamNotes
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2000, 05:01:00 PM »

If you need this exam only to get your MCSE+I, then IEAK4 is fine, since there will not be MCSE+I certification in Win2000 any more.

Webmaster of this site and of
Cert21.com - no other practice exams get any closer to the real thing.
CertPortal.com - IT certification search engine.
MCSE+I, CNA, A+, N+, I-NET+
mars
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2000, 09:41:00 PM »

Hmmm,   But are there Transcenders for IEAK4 Huh?? It's probably the very last exam that I'll do and I'll get the Sybex book for it but I've always used Transcenders to familiarise with the exam layout.

Hooroo,
       Mars
Webmaster
Founder of ExamNotes
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2000, 11:49:00 PM »

Sure there is a transcenders practice exam for 70-079.

Webmaster of this site and of
Cert21.com - no other practice exams get any closer to the real thing.
CertPortal.com - IT certification search engine.
MCSE+I, CNA, A+, N+, I-NET+
mars
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2000, 12:28:00 AM »

Ah yes,  but how to get it  Smiley

wink wink!
chine
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2000, 03:05:00 PM »

thanks for the info
now i will go for ieak4
Prelude_SRV
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2000, 08:28:00 PM »

Originally posted by mars:
Ah yes,  but how to get it   Smiley

wink wink!
Did you get a copy of the transcender for this exam? If so, can you email me at jdaignea@exocom.com.
Thank you

SuperITPro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2000, 05:31:00 AM »

I just acquire my MCSE and MCP+I last Saturday and going for MCSE+I now. I too deciding whether to take IEAK 4 or IEAK 5. There are more study sources for IEAK 4 than IEAK 5 but I dislike to learn old technology if the new one is available; especially IEAK is free so most probably corporate will try to implement the latest and IE 5 had been available for quit long.

My problem here is I got MeasureUp questions for IEAK 4 but not for IEAK 5. So if I take the IEAK 5 and wanted to have confident in passing I got to do lots of questions. which mean I got to purchase MeasureUp and/or Transcender questions! It cost a lot for me when I convert the price to Malaysia currency.

Anyone have any source where I can try out as much free question for IEAK 5 as possible?

Eventually I am going for MCT, MCDBA, MCSD, MCP+Site Building. God, am I crazy?!  Smiley

\/\/\/\/\/\/
SuperITPro
MCSE, MCP+I
/\/\/\/\/\/\
max
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2000, 02:52:00 PM »

Yeah, but who in their right mind would want to fool around with crap like IE5 anyway!!!

Most large networks I've worked with have only put IE4 in and are going to stick with it!!!
Webshrink

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2000, 01:25:00 PM »

I agree with Mars, who would want IE5, you have to download patches via live update almost weekly. Sure wish Microshaft would make a software package that actually worked when they released it.   Smiley
mars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2000, 06:48:00 AM »

Oh absolutely man!  I hate IE5, it changes to much for my liking.  I do like to maintain some form of control over my PC!

"The man from down under"
BC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2000, 10:44:00 PM »

IE 5 resources:
 www.stsware.com  www.troytec.com  www.transcender.com

are the only testing materials (other than books) that I can find now.  Just going to take this one so that I can have my MCSE+I, then going to take a chill pill til MCSE2000 (or whatever they'll clal it) goes main stream.

good luck all!

Brian

------------------
BC- Systems Administrator
http://www.cabalic.com/certify.xls
MCSE, MCDBA, MCNE, CCA, I-Net+, Network+, A+

BC- Systems Administrator
MCSE + Internet, MCDBA, Master CNE, CCNA, CCA, Server+, i-net+, Network+, A+
MohamedVI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2000, 02:23:00 PM »

dont forget to download Microsoft Corp.'s IEAK 5 for free from their site..... grab it individually or you can buy the whole Back Office evaluation kit with SPs, trial version of Server, SMS and the whole deal for around $30..... most of the components lock you out after four months but it's useful to check out exchange/outlook server 5.5 and monkey with the settings.

------------------
looking thru a telescope at the sun
MCSE, MCP+I

looking thru a telescope at the sun
MCSE, MCP+I
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: