pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 01:53:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-088
| | | |-+  Are braindumps worth it for the Proxy test??
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Are braindumps worth it for the Proxy test??  (Read 2852 times)
AJW

View Profile WWW
« on: February 04, 2001, 05:30:00 AM »

I have read both Proxy Server Study System by Curt Simmons (IDG Publishing) and Sybex Exam Notes. I have taken so far about 3 or 4 transcenders and have failed everyone with an average score of 550. My test is scheduled for 2/15/01. Do you think braindumps are helpful to pass this exam or should I just stick with what I have been doing? Packet filtering is just a pain in the rearend to memorize. So much to remember. Need your opinions. If braindumps are recommended which ones are good in your opinion? Please post links to these dumps. Thank you.

[This message has been edited by AJW (edited 02-03-2001).]

netnewsnow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2001, 09:08:00 PM »

www.leuthard.ch,  very good practice exams, some dumps too, but I never really used them. E-mail me for some more info... netnewsnow@videotron.ca

The swiff wings of death... my preciousss.
chunder
bleh!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2001, 01:46:00 AM »

braindumps are for people looking for the easy way out. don't use them.

have you been playing with the product? i used the same books as you. i also used ExamEssentials and i don't feel that for Proxy EE was as "braindump-ish" as it was for server and WS.

------------------
chunder -- Network+, MCSE, CNE

chunder
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2001, 03:39:00 PM »

stay away from dumps. they will burn you.

------------------
Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, MCP+I, MCSE NT 4.0, MCSE 2000, MCT

http://www.mcsefreak.com
Industry News - Free Prep Tests - Study Guides - Exam Drill - Choices - Forum

http://www.WebMaineacs.com
Web Hosting - Web Design - Web Strategies - Networking - hosting from only $8 a month!

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
AJW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2001, 04:40:00 PM »

Thanks Chunder and Freak. I have completely stayed away from the dumps. I have been playing with the product. I only have one Proxy server with a dial out connection acting as the external card with multiple clients using the proxy server. I have read Curt Simmons book as well as Sybex Exam Notes. I have taken about 5 tanscenders and have failed them all. My best score was a 750. My weak points are packet filtering, access control, and performance monitoring. At least that is what the Beachfront quizzer tells me. I think Beachfront quizzer is not all that great. Have either of you tried this quiz? Another question. What does it mean when they say your browser is configured to use the Winsock Proxy service. I know HTTP is for both Web Proxy and WinSock proxy (right?) and Socks is for Socks proxy but what do they mean by configuring for Winsock proxy? I take the exam on 2/15. Thanks for your help.
chunder
bleh!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2001, 10:24:00 PM »

actually, when they say your browser is configured for WinSock Proxy i think it means basically that the browser ISN'T configured to use the www proxy. what that means is that you (or you didn't allow automatic config) didn't config your browser... your Curt Simmons book has some info on how to config Netscape and IE (but older versions). so, because you haven't configured your browser for www proxy, it will use WinSock Proxy by default (unless you haven't installed the client -- in which case it SHOULD use SOCKS). make any sense? freak, am i right?

as far as your thoughts on WinSock AND Web using HTTP, that's not correct. Web is for HTTP, FTP, Gopher and WAIS (if i remember correctly, i know there are 4). WinSock is for other protocols... your email (POP & SMTP), ICQ, AOL (AIM), Quake/HalfLife/UnrealTournament, etc. and you can always configure what protocols you want added by, amazingly enough, pressing the Add... button. Windows clients aren't really going to use SOCKS at all (at least from what i have seen) -- it's MOSTLY for Macs and Unix based OSes. Webmaster could also chime in here...

didn't use the beachfront. go for EE.

HTH  Cheesy

------------------

chunder
AJW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2001, 04:23:00 AM »

Chunder thanks for the response. Freak I would like to hear your take on the Winsock question. Chunder what is EE? Exam Essentials? I have less than a week for the test. Is it free? Where do you purchase it if it is not free?
chunder
bleh!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2001, 03:35:00 AM »

AJW,
EE is examessentials and is at examessentials.com. there is a free download but you don't get as many questions as if you register it.

good luck.

------------------

chunder
AJW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2001, 06:08:00 AM »

Thanks Chunder. I just downloaded EE. I like it so much I registered it to get the whole Proxy Server 2.0 package. Thanks for your help again.
netnewsnow

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2001, 09:15:00 PM »

ajw, you can get a lot of exam questions at www.leuthard.ch,  test master will give you 80 questions... and there are some other sites, like coriolis.com, you can take proxy tests there too...

The swiff wings of death... my preciousss.
AJW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2001, 05:49:00 PM »

Thanks netnewsnow.
Chonnon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2001, 06:48:00 PM »

Hey all,

Also try
 http://www.mcsedirectory.com/tests.shtml

lots of excellent free test links here including online practice tests. Good luck!

~Chonnon~
AJW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2001, 10:00:00 PM »

Thanks Chonnon!
AJW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2001, 06:05:00 PM »

Passed today with a 794. Yeah I know, not the best score. But I did take the advice of Freak and Chunder not to use the braindumps since they had a lot of wrong answers. Here is the breakdown on how I scored on each section of the test.

Planning....91%
Instanllation and Configuration.....71%
Setting Up and Managing Resource Access....63%
Integration/Interoperability.....80%
Monitoring and Optimization......77%
Troubleshooting......91%

This was not an easy exam for me. Since I do not work with any type of firewall or proxy software at work I consider it an accomplishment on my part. I did setup a single proxy server at home but could not try out all the things that are in the studying material and on the exam.

Now I have my MCSE and am onto studying for the Windows 2000 Accelerated exam.

I have heard that exam is like 4+ hours and you just get a pass/fail with no score. Is this information accurate?
chunder
bleh!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2001, 09:05:00 PM »

congrats AJW. see, you knew you could do it and the braindumps weren't needed!

Cheesy

about accelerated i don't know about the pass/fail but i know that AD Design showed me my score after it. i would assume that's the same for Accelerated. you do only get one free chance with the voucher though so make it good. if you don't pass you have to take all the core + electives...

go get 'em and again, congrats!

------------------

chunder
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: