This is an update to my previous post about Security+ certification. SY0-301 now stands retired. The new exam code is SY0-401. The contents remain more or less same as that of -SY0-301 version except that a few items have been added. These are mostly in mobile device security, some of the changes are listed below:
1. Securing your smart phone or tablet. Topics like "remote wipe", "geo tagging" etc,
2. BYOD "Bring Your Own Device" policies have been added.
3. Cloud computing - using the platform securely
4. Security concerns associated with SCADA, and
5. A few new threats and vulnerabilities have been discussed
Check out new exam details here: http://certification.comptia.org/getCertified/certifications/security.aspx
You may check out Security+ SY0-401 practice tests
or Security+ questions free cram notes
If you had passed 301 exam or prepared for 301, it is very easy to update your skills to 401, and pass the exam.