pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 08:07:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  What happened to the email?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What happened to the email?  (Read 3373 times)
frankgron

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2011, 11:03:10 PM »

I had my email account through this site and today the address email.examnotes.net doesn't work and there's no link to it on the site.
nam37
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 08:03:11 AM »

I had my email account through this site and today the address email.examnotes.net doesn't work and there's no link to it on the site.
Sorry. That was the result of the server move/upgrade. The email service hasn't been supported in YEARS, and we didn't know anyone was still using it. (Actually, we didn't even know it was still running.)
Again, sorry.
frankgron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 09:14:28 AM »

Is there any way you could help me log in to it one last time?  There are some important emails I would like to avoid losing if possible.
mrkhatch

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 01:25:24 PM »

Hi folks,

I'm having an issue with the email as well.  I've had it for years on here and now I'm getting a permanent failure.  Not only do I pay for this email yearly, but it's also extremely important to me as it holds ALL of my data from over the years and all of my accounts and such are linked to this email.

Is there a solution in the works?  If not, how about setting up a permanent forwarding?  Or perhaps turning the old Exchange server online again long enough for me to download the emails to my computer...

Mark
mhatch1@examnotes.net
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 01:27:52 PM by mrkhatch » Logged
nam37
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 05:44:55 PM »

Hi folks,

I'm having an issue with the email as well.  I've had it for years on here and now I'm getting a permanent failure.  Not only do I pay for this email yearly, but it's also extremely important to me as it holds ALL of my data from over the years and all of my accounts and such are linked to this email.

Is there a solution in the works?  If not, how about setting up a permanent forwarding?  Or perhaps turning the old Exchange server online again long enough for me to download the emails to my computer...

Mark
mhatch1@examnotes.net
As I said before, I don't know anything about the hosted email on this domain. I'll do some research on this next week.  I'm not sure who you've been paying for this service, but I know it's not our camp any and we'be owned it for a good long time now.

It would help if you could describe how the system was set up (web mail, pop/smpt?).
mrkhatch

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »

I believe it was hosted by Everyone.net.  It was a free web based email service used by Examnotes.net, but you had the option to pay for it so you could use the pop3 feature and also increase the available storage space.

nam37
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 09:31:41 AM »

I believe it was hosted by Everyone.net.  It was a free web based email service used by Examnotes.net, but you had the option to pay for it so you could use the pop3 feature and also increase the available storage space.

What URL did you use to login?
nam37
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 10:14:56 AM »

I've contacted Everyone.net and they said that anyone effected by this outage should still be able to see their OLD email at:

http://EXAMNOTESNET.MAIL.EVERYONE.NET

You won't be able to send or receive any new email, but your old email should still be there.

I'll look into reestablishing this account, but honestly I don't think this is a service that we will be supporting in the future.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience.
mrkhatch

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 06:10:24 PM »

I'm in the process of using Gmail to download all of the messages in my old email account right now and I appreciate you sending the link.

Just out of curiosity here, since the mail is being hosted by them, are you not able to setup an MX record pointing to them so that anyone with the old email will still receive emails?

- Mark
Quistis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 09:17:12 PM »

I was affected by this as well, I have been using this email for probably 11 years now I think. I haven't ever payed for it, but I never complained about the periodic downtime over the years. If I can't use this service anymore I guess its time for me to get all my stuff switched over to another account. I appreciate the service though and liked what you provided, if this service doesn't come back let this be my thank you to who provided me with it, and thank you for the link to an archive of my account.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: