pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 02:34:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Cisco
| |-+  CCNA
| | |-+  CCNA and Karate: The value of renewing Certifications
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CCNA and Karate: The value of renewing Certifications  (Read 2119 times)
Justin2112

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2008, 05:54:24 PM »

Karate Masters say that the most successful student is the student who masters and understands the basic principles of karate to the point of perfection, rather than the student who tries to learn all the fancy kicks and throws.

At 35, and being in the high-tech industry for 12 years, I can say the same is true for the networking field. Knowing the fundamentals of networking always have come to my rescue during high-visibility outages and failures. Networks being what they are, like high maintence girl-friends,
demand a lot of work and attention, so through the years, I got so wrapped up in keeping up with my heavy work load, trying to be a super-star and I let almost all my certs expire.

At first, when I thought about renewing my CCNA, I was highly bummed because I had already put all the tremendous effort into
CCNA six years ago, failing the first two times before I finally won the right to call myself CCNA.  With the exception of CCDA, Sec+, and A+. (Sec + and A+ never expire). Anyhow, even after this long, I still believe in the value of Certs, cisco especially, and I am once again, putting in the effort to gain back the "CC's" after my name. I believe that, even after all my time in the field, that re-newing these shows my current employer, (and any potential employer), that I am still growing my education and keeping current with techologies; rather than the "has-been" who stays crouched in their cubical, hoping change does not overtake them.

I believe, that although the cisco tests are now harder than six years ago, my experience will make it so I only need one attempt this time through; however, I still respect the time and effort for the CCNA, so, I am still reading all the exam guides, the latest Todd Lamle book, the CCNA command guide and all the practice questions I can get my hands on. Any insight you can give me that you feel will help out my send time around would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Justin

Snowboarding, Led Zeppelin and Starbucks coffee
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: