pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 03:13:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  Server 2003
| | |-+  Sysprep Images
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sysprep Images  (Read 3789 times)
mindmesh
Spit Fire

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2007, 11:21:45 AM »

I have a question. I usually use Ghost in situations like this but for some reason my boss wants me to use sysprep to deploy   our new server installs. Now I've looked but I can't find anything on creating a sysprep image. I found a bunch on how to install a sysprep image, but nothing on creating one. Would anyone be able to point me towards some good resources or give me an idea of where to start? Any help would be appreciated.

I take no responsibility for the offensive nature of this post.. If you take offense I am sorry, but honestly don't give a damn. All rights reserved!!
kepeli

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 01:07:03 PM »

Greetings:

Microsoft's TechNet section has excellent information on this.  See: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490244.aspx

Follow this link to a great blog article with step-by-step info: http://adminbromo.blogspot.com/2006/10/universal-ghost-image-guide.html

Kepeli
manols

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 06:02:58 AM »

Hi There,

Actually Sysprep DO NOT make image files of any kind. You need Norton Ghost or other third party software.

What Sysprep does it just remove any customization like users and computers SID, Computer Names etc. to prepare the Hard Disk for duplication. (Use Norton Ghost for this) If you don't do this and roll out many of the same images in the network you will have duplicate computer names and many other problems.

I have read somewhere that Norton Ghost is capable of doing all this so sysprep is no longer required. Maybe in the advanced settings....

Manolsky:)
newcert

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 07:23:07 AM »

All new updates at Testking.co.uk
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: