pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 11:56:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  CompTIA
| |-+  Security+
| | |-+  Any Good
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any Good  (Read 3428 times)
compugeek

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2007, 10:54:37 AM »

Has the certification been helpful to those that have it as a first step into security?  I have a Network Security Degree and have started to look at some certifications but don't know where to start.

Thanks
Crito
Certasaurus Rex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 09:42:53 AM »

CompTIA has a lot of name recognition in the industry thanks to its very sucessfull A+ certification program. Security+ in particular is widely accepted by many corporations, including Microsoft who lets candidates use it as an MCSA/MCSE elective.

Unfortunately CompTIA's reputation is for entry-level certs only. As a result their mid-level certs, like Server+ and Security+, are grossly underappreciated in the marketplace.

So in short, if you're trying to get your foot in the door it'll help get HR's attention. You just probably won't gain much respect from your peers for holding it though.
Redstar
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 01:12:24 AM »

The more you have the better it looks.  And security + wasn't just real hard, for me anyway it wasn't
All this stuff looks good on a resume!
Redstar
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 01:15:21 AM »

Now, don't get me wrong, it wasn't a cake walk either.  I had to study and worked hard to get it. It's not one of those certs you can just walk in off the street and get.  What I found it was mostly comon since, if you study, you'll pass!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: