pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 03:21:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  Windows XP exams
| | |-+  Cant access remote pcs
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cant access remote pcs  (Read 3863 times)
triple HHH

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2006, 10:03:48 AM »

I dont know weather this is the correct post to ask this question.If not please let me know.

We have a workgroup environment and ard 15 plus branches  with windows xp as OS.
All the branches are connected to our ISP with Cisco 800 series router. Our network admin says we r using MPLS Cloud. I don‘«÷t have any knowledge about this. Each branch is having its on subnet  id for eg

Ho           172.17.2.*
Branch1      172.17.3.*
Branch2      172.17.4.*
Branch3      172.17.5.*
Subnet mask for all branches is same 255.255.255.0

Our server r located with ISP. I m not able to connect to any remote branch from Head office. When I type \\pcname or  the \\Ipaddress I get a error as ‘«£No network  provider accepted the given network path‘«ō Even the windows firewall is off . Though I can ping the remote pc with ease. If I use any third party remote admin software,it works fine.
WaldoIsHere
General PITA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 04:56:51 PM »

wow, that sucks.
DarthGrenadier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 09:39:21 PM »

Check if your ISP is using a firewall and if they have remote access turned off on their end. Alternatively, check all PC's on both ends to be sure that remote access is turned on and that the Windoze firewall is actually off or just suspended.
sycwong

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 09:36:47 PM »

If you use \\pcname or \\ipaddr to locate yr w/s resource in remote site, you need to open nbname and nbsession in your outgoing firewall. Ask yr ISP if they will block these ports as well.

Another thing is to ensure yr Windows firewall is off as well. If u r deploying VPN amongst yr ofc, hv yr ISP to ensure the abovementioned ports are allowed in the VPN tunnel.

Good luck
lungsucker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 11:44:43 PM »

If it is the firewall, try allowing port 3389
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: