pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2017, 09:20:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Other IT certifications
| |-+  Check Point
| | |-+  which product to practice with?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: which product to practice with?  (Read 17521 times)
ilikestuff

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2006, 09:57:25 AM »

Hello all, this is my first post here.  Im am new to checkpoint firewalls, really I dont know much about them.  I do know they are a firewall with a gui, and I wanted to buy one that was used somewhere just for my home lab.  I wondered if I could get you alls imput on which one I should be looking at for experience sake?  This is my own personal budget, please keep in mind, and Id like to get something that will give me a similar experience as if I were working at a company doing this?  Can anyone help with maybe a model or anything to point me in the right direction?  Thanks for your help.
talgambit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 11:45:39 PM »

If it is for business, and you can afford it, Sophos Internet Security is for business.  It is near the top and provides outstanding security.

You can scan on a LAN many workstations.

If you want for a home user, use PC Cillin Internet Security.  Yes, Norton and McAfee tout themselves as better, but trust me their spam removal tools are ineffective.
mitchek

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 06:57:03 AM »

I agree pc cillian is a good product to work with. Also if this is for practice to get the feel for some of this stuff, try any of the share ware products out there zone Alarm which has its problems, Sunbelt is another...
dyckhs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 12:23:57 PM »

The checkpoiunt gui sits atop an OS - so you'll either need a server product or a dedicated box like one of the Nokia IP series - maybe the IP45 as an example. ACost is aything from a few hundred to several more than that dependant on config.

See http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,80770,00.html

The standalone boxes also have a command line and a web front end that allow you to do certain things that are easier than via the gui.

If just getting the soiftware, then that'll cost whatever, but it will sit atop an OS such as Windows server.
jimes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 02:25:46 PM »

Checkpoint Study Material provides you top Quality in an unbeatable package price for Checkpoint Questions and Answers, Checkpoint Practice Test Software, Checkpoint Audio Learning, Checkpoint Preparation Labs and many others.Checkpoint Practice Test Software
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: