pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 11:41:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Certifications and IT jobs/Salaries
| | |-+  Need some advice
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need some advice  (Read 2177 times)
JacobDredg

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2006, 10:01:22 PM »

I'm 19 years old and I plan to enter the IT field, specifically the computer networking field.

I took 2 years of cisco and some computer repair and networking classes in high school, and I'm currently going for an associate's degree in computer networking.

Right now I'm studying to get A+ certified, and then Net+ after that. My work experience so far is being a computer tech intern at my high school for 6 months and then I did technical support for gametap.com for 4 months.

I also live in TN, and from what I hear this is a terrible state to pursue a career in IT. I'm only 19, so I'm willing to move if necessary once I finish my degree.

My question is, what are some good places to pursue an IT career in? Also, does anyone have any advice for someone entering the IT field?
tony49mcp

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 07:35:33 AM »

Networks need routers, switches, servers, PCs, Laptops, internet connections and more. But, without software no information is sent. What platforms are you getting familiar with? Microsoft? Unix/Linux? If you want a long-term opportunity that many don't get, enter the armed forces as a tech. You will be trained on the systems of tomorrow. If you receive a high enough clearance, maybe you'll wind up in Washington, DC. If not, there are always the high salaries at Lockheed Martin and other defense industry contractors. If you go ROTC, you enter as an officer with higher pay and responsibilities. It's something to think about while you‘«÷re young. Retire from the service around forty years old and start another career with a steady income already coming in each month. To be used for necessities or investment. Nobody ever got wealthy without investing.  If I had it to do over again, this is the path I would take for myself, my family and my country. GOD bless your efforts with success.
Young Fred

View Profile
hay
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 10:00:50 AM »

Well i recommend getting your a+, and net+ over. Then get your mcdst therfore you can get a quick entry level job like a dst just to get your foot in the door good luck!

(ALWAYS APPLY YOURSELF BEFORE YOU DENY YOURSELF)
joe3161

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 11:49:51 PM »

Hi Jacob,

Have you ever heard of Citigroup?  They will be opening a big IT building in Ohio, they will be offering positions just go to citigroup.com or net and do a search.  Let me give you some very good and true advice, never get too cocky or disrespectful with anyone in the building you work in or anyone that you go service; you never know who your next boss may be or who their good friend is.  I was a contractor working with other contractors who just displayed a poor attitude, when I got picked up for full time they were the last ones I would recommend that they be hired, always do your best and follow protocol.  Never lie in an interview, your actions will tell the truth.  Good luck!
Originally posted by JacobDredg
I'm 19 years old and I plan to enter the IT field, specifically the computer networking field.

I took 2 years of cisco and some computer repair and networking classes in high school, and I'm currently going for an associate's degree in computer networking.

Right now I'm studying to get A+ certified, and then Net+ after that. My work experience so far is being a computer tech intern at my high school for 6 months and then I did technical support for gametap.com for 4 months.

I also live in TN, and from what I hear this is a terrible state to pursue a career in IT. I'm only 19, so I'm willing to move if necessary once I finish my degree.

My question is, what are some good places to pursue an IT career in? Also, does anyone have any advice for someone entering the IT field?
donnaivanov

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 01:11:34 PM »

I would recommed you that you go for A+ and Net + after that go for MCDST as this will give u an edge over others.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: