pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 06:03:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Cisco
| |-+  CCDA/CCDP
| | |-+  Passed CCDA!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Passed CCDA!  (Read 14131 times)
Justin2112

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2006, 05:53:59 PM »

Hi,

Passed the CCDA today 825/1000!!! I am so stoked. It was my third attempt. ( My second attempt I missed it by one question, and the first I missed it by a long shot) DOH - Should never have let my first one expire. Anyway, I don't think you can get a lower score than I did today and still pass this thing.

N-E ways, Cisco was really way out there on on their questions.  You can't know the Summary Report, Implementation Steps, Draft Design Document and Network Design Documents well enough. The test seemed to center around these. The Analysis portion is difficult because you have to set your actual experience on the shelf and drink a few shot glasses of Cisco Kool-aid to give them the answers they want.

For real though, the valuable part of this exam is learning to appropriately modularize your new network and mitigate against the onslaught of threats that exist out there. The other part that Cisco did a good job was breaking down how a business interacts with a network, and how the network helps meet the Business goals.  Saying that - Know your Business Goals / Business Constraints / Tech Goals / Tech constraints - like most case studies, there is a lot of info to ferret through so it helps if you know exactly what you were looking for.

The CCDA Flash CARDS that Cisco put out are useless!!! - they are not anywhere near indepth enough to help with this exam. (I am going to let my two year old chew up the pages and toss the CD like a frisbee.)

However, the new Diane Teare CCDA Book is good. The test is based mainly from information and Practices in this book. The tests uses info from every far corner of the book, not just from the key points or bolded info. So, plan to get real intimate with it. Kick your wife outta bed and bunk with this book for a few months.  

**Helps to know your VoIP stuff real well too.

**Know what Cisco believes are the business drivers for VoIP (another shot of Kool-Aid)

And most of all, to anyone who reads this, GOOD LUCK!!!

(I hope someone reads this - this site has really changed these last few years. Just spammers and dumpers posting.) Where have you all gone?  

Anyways - See yah!!!!

Cheers,

Justin

Snowboarding, Led Zeppelin and Starbucks coffee
JimB

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 12:06:50 AM »

Wow, your acquired certifications are VERY impressive!
I just received my CCNA about a month ago and am now studying for the Wireless# cert. then probably the CWNA certification.  Meanwhile I'm also studying for the CCNP in my 'spare' time. lol I'd thought about the CCDA too, and your information is great!

I'm new to this site/forum and hope more folks will post informative information.

Oh yea, I'm from Colorado Springs, so we're practically neighbors. lol

Again, congratulation and thanks for the posted information!
WaldoIsHere
General PITA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 01:31:12 PM »

Originally posted by JimB
I'm new to this site/forum and hope more folks will post informative information.

yea, this site is so informative it sucks.
smrkdown

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 05:01:32 PM »

This site sucks balls! Balls I say! Oh, congrats on the pass.

.:|:.:|:.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: