pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 02:03:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  XP welcome screen?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: XP welcome screen?  (Read 1605 times)
badpapajj

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2006, 11:54:25 am »

I have XP Home, at the logon screen it should be with all the  pictures and names and then you type in your password, right. Well all of a sudden my logon screen appears as Windows 2000 logon screen with a box asking for a username and password, note the box says Windows XP Home and not Windows 2000. I have no clue how this happened , can anyone tell me how it happened and how to get it back to the original friendly XP logon screen. The same thing happens when you try to restart, shut down, etc. Instead of the picture to restart, shut down or log off, it goes to the box with the pull down arrow with the options to restart , shut down, etc. Thanks for your help.
WaldoIsHere
General PITA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 02:45:16 pm »

This forum is at the end of a long, slow death.  Go to http://www.techexams.net for answers to your questions.
Spid
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 03:43:56 pm »

Go to Control Panel
Click User Accounts
Click Change The Way Users Log On or Off
Use the Welcome Screen checkbox is probably not checked.  Click it to check.

"I was planning to take over the world, but got distracted by something sparkly..."
badpapajj

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 11:59:56 pm »

Thanks for your reply. I had someone else give me the same answer and when I tried that, I received a message that a program was blocking it, by the name of "GTGina.dll". I tried deleting it and somehow deleted it all and change the welcome screen to normal but a few days later it poped up again changing the welcome screen again. Although I know how to get rid of it, its not permanent. Do you know anything about GTGina.dll and where its coming from or any other ideas on this? Thanks for your help.
Spid
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 10:03:41 am »

Has to do with your Linksys Wireless G adapter.

http://p3net.net/tutorials/view_tutorial.php?id=46&title=Setting%20up%20a%20Linksys%20Wireless-G%20Network%20Adapter%20

"I was planning to take over the world, but got distracted by something sparkly..."
badpapajj

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 12:58:29 am »

Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: