pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 09:48:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  what is wrong with my laptop? please help
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: what is wrong with my laptop? please help  (Read 3953 times)
sammy

View Profile WWW
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:52:09 PM »

i have a gatewy solo 2150 laptop p3 500 mhz,288 mb ram,xp pro which works fine.i have a belkin wireless card in it.i have cable internet,but i used to connect also to a neighbor wireless connection. when he moved i installed a di-524 d-link wireless router.now the problem:the moment i try to connect to my wireless connection the laptop freezes.i tried everything to solve this problem.i can connect even with another ancient laptop w/o problems.it's frustrating.
please help
Gundyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 05:24:11 AM »

I'm not sure exactly what u try to say, but you can connect your laptop and router with the cable. If you pick up the connection that you are good. If you don't pick up the conneciton, then try to reset the router.

If you pickup conneciton with cable, but not wireless. Then you need to configure the router.

IT POWER
sammy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 12:52:51 AM »

Originally posted by Gundyman
I'm not sure exactly what u try to say, but you can connect your laptop and router with the cable. If you pick up the connection that you are good. If you don't pick up the conneciton, then try to reset the router.

If you pickup conneciton with cable, but not wireless. Then you need to configure the router.

thanks, but i did configure the router.i like to use a wireless connection with my laptop instead the cable.it looks like this wireless pc card is not compatible with this router
going2l0se

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 05:09:09 AM »

Either the wireless card is not compatible with your router, or your OS needs to be reconfigured so it can know that there is a new wireless internet connection available.  Maybe the OS sees the new wireless internet, but doesn't know how to interpret it and thus freezes.  The OS may be "expecting" the old connection, but instead recieving a new connection and then freezing.  Just a thought.
ccomputers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 01:49:49 PM »

This maybe a silly question, but you are dis-connecting from wired, when trying to go wireless ?

You might also have a problem with the DHCP allocation from the Router. Try and specify on the router the Range rather than using whatever is programmed.

You need to check the security too, try and switch off the wireless security when setting up.

Lastly, if it is XPSP2 run a netsh winsock reset (You might need ur XP CD), the router might be allocating some weird and wonderful IP's to the machine.

The only silly question is the one not asked ...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: