pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 04:07:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCDST
| | |-+  70-271 concern
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 70-271 concern  (Read 4395 times)
baka_baka
Hadoken!

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2004, 03:44:14 AM »

I've read both the MS Press and Exam Cram 70-271 books so many times now I think I'm cross-eyed. Feeling I have a pretty good handle on the exam topics, I began to look at my calendar for a possible exam date. That was until I tried to answer some of the Measure-Up questions on the MS Press's cd. They are nothing like the questions in the book. I got most of the book questions correct. It's almost like the Measure-Up questions are for domain-level admins, not something a DST would generally have to perform. I swear they just took the questions from the 70-270 cd because I could see them being asked in that exam.

So, for anyone who's taken the exam, could you please tell me if it's closer in difficulty to the book questions or the Measure-Up questions?

Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.
yang11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 10:24:48 PM »

M$ expect you to do it in a domain situation, so there are domain related questions.
if you can score 85% on measureup, you can pass the M$ exam(70%).
you probably setup a domain in you home to practice...
have you done 270? M$ expect it to be domain oriented as well.
if you think you are not so accustomized to the domain thing, you probably take part in a m$ certified course, or read another book like sybex ...
good luck
baka_baka
Hadoken!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 09:03:16 PM »

Having taken the 70-271 exam yesterday and passing with a 915, I can now answer the question to my thread Wink. The Measure-Up questions which accompany the MS Press and Exam Cram books are five times as hard as the real thing. I only got about 60% of them correct but had no problems with the real test. If you're studying for the 70-271 exam, use the questions in the books but not the Measure-Up questions to test your readiness. They're more of a hindrance than a help.

I found the best book was the one by MS Press. If you only have enough money to buy one book then this should be it. People with 70-270 books could probably pass by using that since they're very similar.

The best teacher is actually using the OS. Do the practice exercises in the books and do a lot of online research. Hands-on is the key to success. I can't stress this enough.

The test isn't simple but it is fair. Good luck future test takers Wink
jayesser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 05:54:06 AM »

Baka

From experience of other exams I would say people ought to use measure Up if they caneven if the questions are harder than the real thing. The reson is that I have always found that if you do more work than necessary:

1. It means u less likely to be phased in the exam by questions because they will be easier.

2. it prepares you for the next level (MCSE etc)

Ive always taken this approach with any exam ive done and it usually pays off. Yes it can be a distraction but its worth it in the end - your score is evidence of that

A question is only easy if you know the answer.

Treasure what you have in life because tomorrow you could lose it
dorothy21

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 02:51:11 AM »

Hi Jayesser

I am new in this forum and have gone through discussions that you all have been talking about.

Recently, I took 70-271 exam and passed out with a pretty score of 980. I agree with Baka-Baka and just say that MS press books with practice tests and simulations are just good.

I believe in the saying that "Practice makes a human perfect". Say... follow this rule and you will feel better.

Good luck to you all
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: