pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 02:32:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  hp pavillion shuts down on its own
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hp pavillion shuts down on its own  (Read 1387 times)
lmvh2000

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2005, 10:49:44 PM »

My ze5570 has been shutting down on its own for a while. It doesn't happen while I'm working on it, no matter how long it's on. However, if I don't touch any keys on the computer for a certain length of time, approx. 15-20 minutes, it shuts down completely. I've found that if I put it in standby, it won't shut down. I've checked the power options in the control panel and the shutdown choices all set to "never." I would really appreciate some advice on what is wrong. The computer is not very old, only about 1-1/2 years. Thank you.
Linda
misslyfe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 02:19:24 PM »

Just a shot in the dark, first make sure video drivers are current. Make sure windows updates are current. Last but not least, clean up your registry. Good luck
Compsystems

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 07:37:21 PM »

To me this sounds like the system still trying to go into standby or park the hard drive.  Check the bios settings and disable the power management setup in there.  Also disable the automatic restart or error if running win xp.  That way at least you can get an adea why its restarting.  Also just to be sure I would run sfc /scannow to check for corrupt files in winxp.  If you need help doing this let me know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: