pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 01:22:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-088
| | | |-+  What books are good for Proxy 2.0?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What books are good for Proxy 2.0?  (Read 1011 times)
JonKC

View Profile WWW
« on: September 21, 2000, 07:14:00 PM »

I was wondering what book to buy to learn Proxy 2.0? Besides Exam cram there only seems to be a couple of books available. Any Ideas?

Jon Clark MCP.
FreddyFlyer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2000, 04:17:00 AM »

I am using Exam Cram. Might want to check out Troy Tech study guides. It has about 50 pages of which 15 are study notes and the rest practice questions. I have used them for the core four and TCP/IP and swear by them. http://www.troytec.com

Aim High!

FreddyFlyer

Aim High!

FreddyFlyer

Sometimes it helps to be good, other times it helps to be lucky. The best is being good and lucky at the same time.
jona_c

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2000, 03:02:00 PM »

Also see my remarks on Proxy-books on the item "books review".

I first tried an orange book written by Ryvkin; Heavy material. Just plain massive text, and difficult words (I'm not english speaking) assuming you have some basic knowledge.

I returned the book for one of the IDG series written by Simmons. This was an easy book to study. It gave me a good understanding on how proxy works. Though it does not cover all the information you have to know for the actual exam.

Webmaster gave me the advise to use the Sybex book.
chetandesai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2000, 08:33:00 PM »

sybex Exam Notes is good. for detail info u can use Study Guide from todd lammle.. but it has too much of useless info.

-ChetsD.
poolit
You are Here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2000, 04:28:00 PM »

I would recommend Sybex Exam Notes for Proxy 2 ISBN#0-7821-2304-x. I have heard many good reviews about that book.Proxy 2 from Exam Cram I heard doesn't really cover all that is needed for the exam.
PeepPeep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2000, 10:15:00 PM »

Beware! I heard from several people that if you have not learned / passed IIS and TCP/IP exam, this exam (Proxy) will be a hell for you!
So..........

I tried to study it without IIS and I did not understand it. I studied from the Sybex book. Now I decided to step over to Exchange and...... learned the book in 4 days! And I understand it too!

Funny but true.

By the way, passing the Proxy exam (68 question and high pass score.......) well...... it must be a hell for sure.......

Sorry for bad language....... I am Dutch so.....

MCSE CNA
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: