pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 06:53:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  I am out of ideas, someone help please!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I am out of ideas, someone help please!  (Read 1927 times)
jamesaustin79

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2005, 11:01:46 AM »

Ok so about 2 weeks ago I got home from work and sat in front of my computer to check some email.  I had left it on during the day so I just jiggled the mouse a little to wake it up.  The screen came up, but it was completely frozen.  This never happend since I built this box 2 years ago.  It always ran super stable.  So i cold booted it and the machine turned back on, only now the screen was completely black/blank.  No bios, no beeps, no nothing, just black.  Yet all the lights and fans turn on inside the box.  But no beep.  The first thing I suspected was the video card.  So I took an extra one I had laying around and popped it in there.  No dice.  Still black screen.  So then I figured maybe it's the mobo since my graphics card was good and I wasn't even seeing the bios.  No dice, same result. Then I thought maybe the psu crapped out and was only putting out 12v and thats why the fans and lights are still going.  Nope.  Same result again.  How is this possible?  No beeps from the mobo with error codes either.  I don't get it, any one have any ideas?
curiousgeorge
learn through asking

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 10:04:57 PM »

Are you sure it's not your monitor or monitor cable?

If that doesn't work, try pulling the video card out and using the integrated video. If that works, you'll have to download the drivers for the other video card you were trying. Then you can put that card in.

Hope that helps.

MCSA Charter Member
MCSE Early Achiever
Server+
Dell certified
HP certified
pletz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 12:19:32 PM »

I had a similar thing happen and it was my hard drive... the O/S was toast...tons of bad sectors all around.. ended up tossing the drive and installing a new one.... all existing components were fine.
Kasor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 12:32:36 PM »

It is difficult to say.. guess it time for replacement

Kill All Suffer 2 Reborn
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: