pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 01:43:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  Unable to communicate with device driver
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Unable to communicate with device driver  (Read 2594 times)
subnet__zero

View Profile WWW
« on: September 11, 2005, 05:06:10 PM »

I have a Sonicwall long range wireless card that used to work fine in a Dell laptop.  The HD crashed and Dell sent me a new one and I installed WinXP Pro and the drivers in the specific order that Dell said to do.  After everything is done, I load the software for the wireless card and then put the card in the pcmcia slot.  It finds the card fine, but when I check on the cards property page, it states "unable to communicate with device driver".  When I put the laptop into sleep mode and come out of it, the card initializes and makes the connection.  What I've noticed is that the cards LED comes on when powered up and as the Windows logo along with the graph is on the screen, the LED is still on.  Just as the logo screen is about to change to the blue windows screen, the LED goes off.  Again, once I put the laptop into sleep mode and come right out of it, the LED comes on and I have a connection.  Anyone run across this or the message before?  I've scoured the Inet and can't really see anything like this (that's in english anyway).
Compsystems

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 07:49:01 PM »

I know it might be a little late and you probabbly fixed it already but to me it sounds like its a problem with the services.  The service for the card may not be installed.  Go into control pannel, administrative tools, services, then check the status for windows wireless config. Also see if theres zero wireless or something like that.  If still no sucess then download the drivers for the pcmcia card again. For some reason its not responding untill it get the signal from windows to wake all devices when you exit standby. If you did fix it let me know what it was.  Im interested.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: