pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 07:10:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  fried my pc fixing someone elses pc
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: fried my pc fixing someone elses pc  (Read 1542 times)
Rcrgaming

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2005, 01:50:05 PM »

I switched a hard drive from a pc that wouldn‘«÷t post into my pc. It came up with errors and would go into a cycle of :

Choose start normally, safemode, ect.

then go to xp load screen then back to the screen to choose your mode

I put my hard drive back in my computer and now my pc wont boot. Could the bad hard drive have fried my pc?

If so is the person that owns the pc that I was trying to fix owe me the money for my computer. My father-in-law says yes. He is a mechanic and if his tool breaks while working on someone else‘«÷s vehicle he charges them for the price of the new tool. as said tool would still run if he hadn't been fixing their car.

p.s. I was using my anti-static wriststrap

-----------------
a+ certified
Rcrgaming

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 02:27:43 PM »

nevermind, I realised it was just a jumper connected to the power button came undone. after 10 minutes I found where it went.
acruth7284

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 10:45:59 PM »

My question would be are you working in a shop or is this something under the table? My resoning for this would be that either way the customer would not be liable for your computer (or a mechanics tools) unless you work for a tax paying business and it is stated in a contract or brought to the customer's attention prior to working on a computer. I will bet any amount of money that it would not hold in a court otherwise.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: