pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 06:21:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  CompTIA
| |-+  Security+
| | |-+  Books and Study Guides
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Books and Study Guides  (Read 3765 times)
chevymannie

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2005, 09:51:25 AM »

I'm thinking about taking the exam, but I need a recommendation for a good book to read and a good.  I have the Sybex book and I see a lot of people in the forums talking about "tcats" which I've never heard of.  Just wanna know if it's worth it and do I need it.  Oh and NO SPAMMERS PLEASE.
Supertech
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 10:13:32 AM »

You can study Tcat's entire Security+ book online for free here:

http://www.certiguide.com

There are links to purchase if you want hardcopy or your own electronic version.
It's good stuff. :cool:

spot3578

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 12:37:52 PM »

Basically same question as chevymannie. Wanted to inquire a little deeper. I have taken several exams already and my issues are that no matter which book I get, it doesn't seem to match the test. Most example questions I get do, if fact, match the exams but I am poor at memorizing and do better at reading a book and understanding.

My question to those that have taken: What book actually matches the question topics on the test?

Thanks for any info Smiley
necrophantasm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 11:13:31 PM »

CompTIA also has official course books available on their online store now. I've used them for server+ and linux+ with good luck so far. I've always found Sybex to be too full of fluff.. Give them a try if you agree. Each book comes with an e-learning course and practice tests to help you prep which help justify the slightly higher cost compared to 3rd party vendor materials.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: