pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 03:46:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  Server 2003
| | |-+  70-290 exam time
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 70-290 exam time  (Read 2025 times)
biggame22

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2005, 01:20:26 PM »

I just registered for the 70-290 exam and I noticed that we get 3 hours and 45 minutes for this one.  For those that have taken it, how long did it actually take?
diamond_ire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 05:40:14 PM »

Hi biggame22

I passed the 70-290 on my third attempt. However I did try it a second time a week after the first. Then left it a few weeks and tried and passed it. On my second time I got short on time and had marked a lot for review. The third time I managed my time a lot better and only allowed my self to mark a few for review. As I assume this is your first time to take the exam I would say that you will use all the time. Its the sims that slow you down little.

diamond_ire

biggame22

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 11:01:52 AM »

Well, I didn't pass.  I got a 656.  It only took me about an hour and a half though.  Luckily, I took it before the end of August so I was able to use the Microsoft 2nd chance offer and I will be taking it again on Saturday for free.  I thought the sims were pretty easy, but a couple of them were a little vague on "exactly" what they wanted.  Have you taken 291 yet?
biggame22

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 09:59:26 AM »

Passed my 2nd try with a 775.  The simulations were very easy.
mbath20110

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 12:17:51 PM »

Passed it just yesterday morning.   Got it on the first attempt ....   barely!!!!

700 out of 700.

For all the studying I've done, I should've done better.  I didn't think the test was that hard.

I'd say the bulk of the questions were Share & NTFS permissions, Backup & Restore (know your Full, Copy, Diff & Incrementals) and Disk Mgt (RAID0,1,5 & Mirroring).  Maybe 3 - 4 simulation questions.

My buddy is up to his third try and he insists he's seen questions on IIS scripting and Terminal Services.  Guess I got lucky cause I didn't see any.

I'd say 2.5 hours but I agonized over even some of the easier questions (second guessing myself on the ones that I knew I knew).

44 questions in all.  

Saw one or two questions on the test that came straight out of TestKing.  It's possible that those were the ones that were enough to get me by.

Used TestKing and MeasureUp for the bulk of my studying.

As I said, I didn't think it was that agonizing of a test.  Hammer those practice questions from any and all study guides and you'll give yourself the best chance to pass.

Good Luck!!!
Imran4sin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 12:18:22 AM »

the actually exam that I sat was about 3hours. And then you get time for survey etc.

____
Imran.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: