pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 07:41:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Cisco
| |-+  Cisco Security exams
| | |-+  Is this an Entry level exam??
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is this an Entry level exam??  (Read 2547 times)
xxnonamexx

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2005, 09:34:37 PM »

I was wondering which exam should I be looking for I have Security+ and working on A+ and was wondering what is HOT and entry level cisco or Microsoft? Any suggestions? Thanks
WaldoIsHere
General PITA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 07:06:29 PM »

NO, this is not entry level.
TJLeeland

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 06:13:53 PM »

Originally posted by xxnonamexx
I was wondering which exam should I be looking for I have Security+ and working on A+ and was wondering what is HOT and entry level cisco or Microsoft? Any suggestions? Thanks

I used to think that the CCNA was kind of entry level; it was a networking exam that most people seemed to get without having actually used a real Cisco Router. But the CCNA is harder now. The security exams are going to be even harder than that. I don't think you'll be able to pass them without experience on Cisco equipment.

Your first Cisco should be the CCNA, your first MS should be Windows 2003 Server and Windows XP. If you had those three, along with your Security+ and your A+ you should be in good shape for an entry level position.

Don't be afraid of paper certs. Sure, they may get an interview - but if you can't prove to an employer that you know more than some pretender you have a lot more than paper certs to worry about!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: