pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 03:14:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  Beeep on Dell Motherboard
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Beeep on Dell Motherboard  (Read 2190 times)
weirdchinaman

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2005, 03:53:42 PM »

Last night i got all the hardware out of my old dell case and put it into a new case, but now when i start it, no display comes up on the screen! The monitor cables are all good, and everyhting is plugged in, and everything was working the day before in the old case so i dont see whats the problem, and it just beeps and no display so comments or help would be nice!
acruth7284

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 07:37:01 PM »

In the documentation there should be information on beep codes. When a computer starts, it does a series of checks on hardware. If there is a problem then it gives you beep codes. The beep codes are usually unique to the manufacturer of the motherboard, but Dell should have information in their manual or on their website.
weirdchinaman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 12:58:13 AM »

i cant find the right one that matches, and im getting really worried, i think my motherboard might of gotten fried or sumthing but this sux how much does a 2.0 Ghz processor run for???, and a motherboard that will fit it?
curiousgeorge
learn through asking

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 09:08:45 PM »

Go here:

Dell support

Enter your product model, then click on the link for System Documentation. Open the User's Guide. Inside the User's Guide, they list the beep codes and diagnostic lights for that model.

Hope that helps.

MCSA Charter Member
MCSE Early Achiever
Server+
Dell certified
HP certified
TheShadow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 11:59:18 AM »

Don't forget that many dell models have a incompatible power supply.  There are a couple of wires crossed that require a little dongle if you use a standard power supply.  It is never really a good idea to mate a dell motherboard with a non dell power supply unless of course you know what you have and get the approprite dongle.  Places like Frys on the west cost have them sitting right next to the replacement supplies.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: