ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 07:13:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-088
| | | |-+  Passed -- MCSE at last!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Passed -- MCSE at last!  (Read 410 times)
shauge

View Profile WWW
« on: July 06, 2000, 01:23:00 AM »

My score: 895.

Book I used: the IDG book (Simmons).  I DON'T recommend this book (except that it comes with a trial version of MSP2 on CD) and is easy to understand.

I'm STILL not real comfortable with authentication issues, and this book addressed the topic (as well as others) inadequately (it looked like much of it was lifted right out of the MS online resources).

I also found the available dumps to be infiltrated with wrong answers.

My advice ('goes for all the tests):  pick a book, any book, as your primary study tool, and then, when you're done with it, in addition to the practice exams available on the accompanying CDs and the 'net, plan to spend a couple of days in a comfortable chair at Barnes&Noble with either Exam Cram or Exam Prep.  (Study the wrong answers as well as the right answers!)  I don't think ANY sgl book covers everything on any test, therefore, you have to check out a "second opinion".  This strategy never failed me and kept me well above the passing line (but it DOES preclude getting through the whole program "in a day", if that's what you're trying to do...).

Good luck!
shauge
A+  MCP  MSCE
AnnieRich

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2000, 10:23:00 AM »

Do you recommend attempting Proxy or IIS first?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: