pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 10:44:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  HELP! Recommendation on Barebones
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HELP! Recommendation on Barebones  (Read 1694 times)
Louis Cyphre

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2005, 02:42:28 PM »

I've just blown up two desktops in a row...can't even upgrade flash bios. I'm thinking of getting a barebone kit. (I don't feel like shelling out major bucks and wasting otherwise functional parts, and I don't feel like building one up from scratch either.) Tigerdirect.com seems to have some interesting combos, but does the vendor back them up? The site says that warranties are provided by the manufacturers of the individual items. I am hoping that I won't have to go through a headache in case something is defective to begin with or the parts don't work in synergy or something. Feedbacks would be appreciated. Smiley
curiousgeorge
learn through asking

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 05:28:16 PM »

Louis,

Just a tidbit- If you get a barebones system, you are building a computer from scratch.

If your biggest worry is having one contact in case something goes wrong with your computer, just buy one from Dell or HP. Otherwise, your warranties are all through the individual manufacturers of each component. If you've toasted two computers in a row, you might need the warranty.

MCSA Charter Member
MCSE Early Achiever
Server+
Dell certified
HP certified
edgroot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 04:37:14 AM »

Dont worry yes they do back your warranty I have done business with them before and I have had no problems before..and also by the way Cyphre is right if you buy a barebone sys your building it from scratch..

Cya

..."He who doesn't know history it's doom to repeat it"...
Louis Cyphre

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 07:14:12 PM »

Thank you for your help, guys. I thought the parts come assembled, no? I mean the ones that are included in the deal.
kalex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 07:05:07 AM »

L.C.

You cannot go wrong with tigerdirect.com. I've dealt with them for years, and they stand behind their stuff 100%, as well as having terrific prices and near-instant shipping. Hang up the phone after placing an order with them, and the next thing you'll hear will be the UPS guy ringing your doorbell with a package from tigerdirect.com. Would recommend building a "barebones" kit from tigerdirect to anyone. I've done so several times myself. Buy a case (with included power-supply), a motherboard/CPU combo, some RAM memory, a hard drive, keyboard/mouse and you'll be up and running within a week. I've even bought a couple of "off-lease" 17" black NEC monitors from them for about $70 that I've been very satisfied with. Indistinguishable from brand-new. One year warranty (probably unnecessary) only ten bucks extra. F**k Dell, f**k HP, f**k Gateway.

:cool:

That what you thought you heard does not match the intent of what I said is most likely because you don't have the latest (Service Pack 4.6) drivers.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: