pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 03:12:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  CompTIA
| |-+  Security+
| | |-+  Will I see this on exam?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Will I see this on exam?  (Read 4119 times)
docta13

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2005, 09:50:03 PM »

I keep seeing all the same types of subjects and questions pretty much on all the practice tests and study guides I've seen so far.  Although, I got ahold of the Beta Beachfront Quizzer, and it's showing me topics I've never even seen before.  Is this just due to the fact that this exam was probably created before the real exam came out and hasn't been adjusted to the real Security+ yet?  I mean, look at some of these topics that I'm talking about from Beachfront.  Should I just discard these from my study?

examples:
-LOMAC
-Access Matrix Model
-Shadow password file on Linux/Unix
-Keystroke dynamics
-Edge router/ATM network
-Covert Channels
-BRI & PRI
-HDLC
-SDLC
-TCSEC
acruth7284

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 11:26:03 PM »

Across my studies the only ones I ran into where covert channels and shadow passwords. Although neither of which showed up on my test nor do I beleive they are on the objectives.
Supertech
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 01:55:00 AM »

a quick whip thru google produced links to each topic.  Take a minute and read thru them and you'll be up to speed in case you encounter any of the terms.  You are already covering the concepts... just a few new buzzwords. :cool:

xxnonamexx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 04:00:11 PM »

From all I have read those topics didn't show up I have the TCAT, Exam Cram, Sybex,Cramsession the sybex first page gives the objectives there is one question from a practice test I took about the shadow and the covert channel that is all.
Redstar
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 02:29:27 AM »

When I took the test, on my test there were no question on shadowing.  That doesn't mean it won't show up on your test though.
birchnz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 11:09:19 PM »

I got a few on BRI/PRI in my exam
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 10:44:00 PM »

If Beachfront is your source... maybe you need a new source! Smiley

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
acruth7284

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 08:17:17 PM »

Definitely agree with freak on this one. Their Sec+ practice was ok, but other ones (I-net+ namely) were horrible. We actually called up the company to report incorrect answers to questions.
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2005, 08:42:19 PM »

I know it's unfair, but I know a lot about that company that I cannot really talk about. All I can say, is my advice is to stay away from them at all cost, for your benefit. I have nothing to gain personally from people buying or not buying their products. More than anything, I just want people to not fall for that crap.

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: