pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 06:03:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  Not able to print
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Not able to print  (Read 1379 times)
pacorific

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2005, 12:11:29 AM »

I've had the same printer (bj 2100) on this machine (xpee)for several years and have been problem free until today.  Besides not being able to print, the printer is not listed in the printers & faxes and I get an error message "operation could not be completed" when I try to add the printer.  Anyone know what's going on here?

Thanx,

J
acruth7284

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 12:16:27 AM »

Dead printer, bad cable, loose cable. The exact error message would help.
pacorific

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 01:34:52 AM »

The error message is "operation could not be completed" when trying to add new printer under printers and faxes.  The cables are connected properly and the printer does have power.

thanx,

J
acruth7284

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 02:16:52 AM »

Ok I checked for that message on MS website. They said it is usually caused by the Spooler service not running. So to make sure that it is running, log in to aqn account with admin priveleges. Goto Start -> Admin Tools -> Services ( if it is not there you must right click the task bar and go to properties, Click the Start Menu tab and click the customize button, next click the advanced tab, scroll to the bottom and select Display on all Program Menus and Start menu, click OK and then click OK again). Under services, scroll down to Print Spooler. Double Click this and under Startup type make sure it says Automatic and under Service Status click Start (if you can). Click OK and close out of services then try to add the printer again. Hopefully this will work otherwise it is back to the chalk (or dry erase) board.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: