pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 05:45:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  CompTIA
| |-+  Other CompTIA certifications
| | |-+  Rfid
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rfid  (Read 2266 times)
lunacy43

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2005, 12:01:03 AM »

I just heard on CNN that Citibank and some other financial and banking giants are putting RFID chips into their cards so you don't actually have to sign anything or even swipe your card. You just get a product, walk near a scanner and it debits your account and assigns ownership of the product to you.

I've read a little about RFID and can see it's usefulness, i.e. NJ uses it as part of their highway toll collection. The owners that use the freeway just deposit money into an account and attach the RFID transmitter to their vehicle and it's read as it passes the receiver at the toll area, and their accounts are debited. Cool stuff, but using it for financial purchases is a little intrusive, isn't it? The scanner must know who just bought Dorito's, and how often you buy Dorito's. True, credit card companies and banks have access to your buying habits anyway, but I can see where some people might be scared to use RFID everywhere.

My true question is this. I read that Comptia is working on the Beta exam for this, and after hearing this news story about it going mainstream with some major financial players, how big of market do you think there will be for RFID+ techs walking around in the next few years?
darthw
Long Live Savatage!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 01:17:25 AM »

I hear more and more about it on the news.  I think it will be a growing cert.  I plan on getting it myself.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: