pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 03:45:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  Windows XP exams
| | |-+  Passed 70-270
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Passed 70-270  (Read 2818 times)
cezar_kido

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2005, 07:03:17 PM »

Passed today! Uhh... Wink

Used Sybex Win XP, actualtests.com, and of course my home laboratory !

Good luck to everyone!
zenboy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 09:30:44 PM »

Congratulations! If I may ask some questions?
1) what level of experience do you have and how do you think that experience play in the testing? Did you have to study more than what you knew or just some refresh on some that you knew and some that you don't?
2)Do you think that Sybex is a good book to use for someone new to xp or does he/she needs to use other materials along with this book to pass the exam?
3)If by comparison, what do you think the sybex xp book to the MS Press XP book (if you had looked over it)?

These questions that I've often curious about (and I'm sure others feel the same) so we could assess the level of difficulty of the exam as well as the rating of the materials used to study.
Thank you for your time.

PS Anyone that have currently taking or have passed the exam feel free to answer these questions.
zenboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 05:23:33 AM »

My post is to invoke an involvement of the readers to relate their experiences as they write the MCSE; not about their capability to take the test. I'm sure most of us are capable of passing the test if given enough amount of time.
  As for me, I have been in IT career for over 8 years; 6 years in Tech/desktop support and 2 years in system admin in windows 2000. I'm certain that I have the experience as well as the mental capacity to pass the MCSE with dedication.
  I hope that the readers would see that this post is not about questioning their credentials or capabilities to pass the MCSE, but rather about sharing the experience they have had acquired while they wrote the exams.
zenboy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 05:28:36 AM »

Sybex is a good book and MSPress books are also good. its your choice what u choose.

I'm sure that both books (as well as others)are fine to use and have been rated highly; however, there are some people who find that certain books are more in-depth than others. I was hoping for more specific opinions than a general statement.
npo3po
LOCK AND LOAD!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 09:21:48 AM »

Congrats!

I am currently hunting down the 270.

Be well.
Amir

Back For The 1st Time.
bahamalove23

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 04:40:04 PM »

Congrats for passing. Hi Just passed 270 yesterday.  Thought the exam was a bit rough you really have to be in your full senses.  

I used sybex as well, guess im brand loyal  used sybex for my a+ and net+.  also used tesk king and cram session notes.  

Wouldnt say that i had that much experience with windows xp but the labs in the book along with the little knowlege i had help me get through it.  

perry newton
cezar_kido

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 06:34:00 AM »

1.I have almost 10 years of experience in IT field. It started like a hobby but when I came in US I've decided to move on and take the certifications. I took A+ in Febr. , Net+ in Apr. Sec+ in May.
Like I said I have at home a little laboratory and I did practice a lot of time. The secret is studying and practicing and again studying and experiment. There isn't another way!

Now I'm taking Win server 03 classes for MCSA first and then MCSE. By Septmber this year I'm determined to get MCSA.

2. Yes in my opinion Sybex for Win XP is good, but without practice has no value. I used also actualtests.com.

3. I don't know anything about MS XP book.

Good luck!

PS. I' sorry for the delay.
bahamalove23

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 11:09:12 AM »

Hi,

Was actually thinking about taking a break from the microsoft want to take my security+ by mid august and then will continue the microsoft.  Only two exams to go for the mcsa.  

So what exactly do you do at work?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: